• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value of OEM R1 Lenses with very small cracks

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
Hey guys I'm pretty much out of the Oakley game. I have someone interested in buying my extra OEM Romeo 1 lenses. These have been stored for years. The spider cracks pretty small on each side and each lens is in pretty much 9/10 condition. Can anyone help me price them please? Pictures are attached. Thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I once paid $200 for a complete pair of R1. That does not mean the value of any R1 is $200.

You won't see mint original R1 lenses for $125. It was a one time lucky find, and as such has nothing to do with the actual value of R1 lenses.

I'd say yours (with very small cracks) are worth around $150, and had they been mint without cracks, they would fetch $250 or more.

Last edited:
I once paid $200 for a complete pair of R1. That does not mean the value of any R1 is $200.

You won't see mint original R1 lenses for $125. It was a one time lucky find, and as such has nothing to do with the actual value of R1 lenses.

I'd say yours (with very small cracks) are worth around $150, and had they been mint without cracks, they would fetch $250 or more.

Thanks. After doing some research that makes a little more sense considering some OEM R1 lenses with even worse spider cracks fetch about $100 easily since you rarely see them out on the market.

Thanks. After doing some research that makes a little more sense considering some OEM R1 lenses with even worse spider cracks fetch about $100 easily since you rarely see them out on the market.
But be aware that while many try to sell mint R1 lenses for 250-300 they rarely sell at that price. Brand new OEM R1 lens prices have been trending around these ranges:

Fire 225-275
Gold 175-250
Black 130-180 (200 at a stretch if BNIB)

Just based on my own trading experience and observations.

Good luck.

But be aware that while many try to sell mint R1 lenses for 250-300 they rarely sell at that price. Brand new OEM R1 lens prices have been trending around these ranges:

Fire 225-275
Gold 175-250
Black 130-180 (200 at a stretch if BNIB)

Just based on my own trading experience and observations.

Good luck.

Appreciate it. So would asking $125 for mine be a decent asking price?