1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

More curious than anything but what would the value of a set of New BI Romeo 1 lenses etched with X-Metal? No box and removed from the frames. I know I have seen only one pair on Ebay and they were just under $400 if I remember right. So if you were looking what would you be willing to pay or maybe what would you be willing to trade in X-Metals for the lenses?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

They should bring around $150-225 if they are new just depending on the person!

3. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

I often wonder if that person on Ebay sold them or just gave up?

4. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

I'm guessing they gave up that's an insane amount for lenses!!

5. mjt42

mjt42 Oakley Expert Premium Member

i have a pair of unused etched lenses and am hoping to get a frame for them at some point - but what would i do if i were to get them? option 1: fit lenses to frame and wait for the stress cracks or option 2: fit a custom pair of lenses and keep the originals to restore them whenever i need to - which will probably be never!!

6. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

That person is the same as was selling here I do believe from Brazil. There was just a pair sold that had no scratches but stress cracks and were all of a sudden sold while I was watching and just asked the seller for more pics... I was quite angry about it but I would love to have a brand new pair and would pay accordingly but not $3-400, that's crazy

7. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

All depends on the buyer.. I have thought about this issue alot. In 5-10 years our Juliets will be in the same boat as the Romeo1. No lenses to be had. I am taking all of my keeper frames and taking the spotless lenses out and putting away in the boxes. Will put replacements or Customs in them so if something happened I have the original. This ties into the other thread of mine about Original Lenses verses Custom Oakley. Does that make a difference with value. Bottom line depends on buyer.. Alot of prices are nuts. 750 for a IH, thats crazy, same for R1 nose and earsock kit-99. Seems like crazy too, but Original vs. Linegear rubbers, and then the custom lens issue also. Some variables to thing about.

8. lithiumus

lithiumus Oakley Beginner

Excellent points here. I have a set of R1 lenses in fair to rough condition as well as a set of XX lenses. Was thinking about getting a set of XX lenses while they are still available as well as the Juliets but you are right, when the heck and I going to restore them? I wear all of my X Metals. I guess it's not the end of the world to spend ~$100 for XX and Juliet lenses for safe keeping but to pay a premium for R1 lenses for safe keeping... well. I don't know. I think my money is better spent elsewhere.

I've had my Juliet rubbers since 2003 when I got my new frame and other than the ear socks not looking as crisp as they used to, the nose bombs are in perfect condition. I can't say what they will look like in 10 more years but 1 or 2 spare sets of rubber won't hurt esp. if the frames were meant to last a lifetime. Lux should consider continuing to make these kits. Even at double or triple the original price ($20 -$30) a set, we would buy them.