• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value Of Romeo 1 BI Lenses Etched With X-Metal

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
More curious than anything but what would the value of a set of New BI Romeo 1 lenses etched with X-Metal? No box and removed from the frames. I know I have seen only one pair on Ebay and they were just under $400 if I remember right. So if you were looking what would you be willing to pay or maybe what would you be willing to trade in X-Metals for the lenses?

i have a pair of unused etched lenses and am hoping to get a frame for them at some point - but what would i do if i were to get them? option 1: fit lenses to frame and wait for the stress cracks or option 2: fit a custom pair of lenses and keep the originals to restore them whenever i need to - which will probably be never!!

That person is the same as was selling here I do believe from Brazil. There was just a pair sold that had no scratches but stress cracks and were all of a sudden sold while I was watching and just asked the seller for more pics... I was quite angry about it but I would love to have a brand new pair and would pay accordingly but not $3-400, that's crazy

All depends on the buyer.. I have thought about this issue alot. In 5-10 years our Juliets will be in the same boat as the Romeo1. No lenses to be had. I am taking all of my keeper frames and taking the spotless lenses out and putting away in the boxes. Will put replacements or Customs in them so if something happened I have the original. This ties into the other thread of mine about Original Lenses verses Custom Oakley. Does that make a difference with value. Bottom line depends on buyer.. Alot of prices are nuts. 750 for a IH, thats crazy, same for R1 nose and earsock kit-99. Seems like crazy too, but Original vs. Linegear rubbers, and then the custom lens issue also. Some variables to thing about.

i have a pair of unused etched lenses and am hoping to get a frame for them at some point - but what would i do if i were to get them? option 1: fit lenses to frame and wait for the stress cracks or option 2: fit a custom pair of lenses and keep the originals to restore them whenever i need to - which will probably be never!!

Excellent points here. I have a set of R1 lenses in fair to rough condition as well as a set of XX lenses. Was thinking about getting a set of XX lenses while they are still available as well as the Juliets but you are right, when the heck and I going to restore them? I wear all of my X Metals. I guess it's not the end of the world to spend ~$100 for XX and Juliet lenses for safe keeping but to pay a premium for R1 lenses for safe keeping... well. I don't know. I think my money is better spent elsewhere.

I've had my Juliet rubbers since 2003 when I got my new frame and other than the ear socks not looking as crisp as they used to, the nose bombs are in perfect condition. I can't say what they will look like in 10 more years but 1 or 2 spare sets of rubber won't hurt esp. if the frames were meant to last a lifetime. Lux should consider continuing to make these kits. Even at double or triple the original price ($20 -$30) a set, we would buy them.

Latest Posts

Back