• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what the current value of a mint pair of X-Squared X-Metal w/ ruby lenses is? Complete with matching box and coin.

Thanks

Hey guys,
I was just wondering what the current value of a mint pair of X-Squared X-Metal w/ ruby lenses is? Complete with matching box and coin.
Thanks
$450-500 -ish

Hi all,

I don't know anything about Oakleys, but I have these glasses that have been sitting around for 5+ years.

I believe they are Juliet X-Metal with Emerald Iridium lens. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
There is no SN on the bands, but from what I have read, these are authentic glasses, according to this thread:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/oakley-x-metal-authenticity-checklist.23622/

I'm trying to sell these and I do not want to mislead the buyer.
Any information on these glasses are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20141019_185041.jpg
    IMG_20141019_185041.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20141019_185050.jpg
    IMG_20141019_185050.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20141019_185059.jpg
    IMG_20141019_185059.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20141019_185147.jpg
    IMG_20141019_185147.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 177
@itsnixin they're plasma/emerald Juliets (which are made of x-metal but that's also a frame finish - these are plasma). If there is no serial on the left stem, then they are 4th gen (~2004-9), which might make them a touch less appealing to the serious collector but makes no difference at all to the average eBay punter.

Emerald isn't easy to replace, not being available directly from Oakley any more as a Juliet cut, so condition of the lenses will affect what you can get for them.

@itsnixin they're plasma/emerald Juliets (which are made of x-metal but that's also a frame finish - these are plasma). If there is no serial on the left stem, then they are 4th gen (~2004-9), which might make them a touch less appealing to the serious collector but makes no difference at all to the average eBay punter.

Emerald isn't easy to replace, not being available directly from Oakley any more as a Juliet cut, so condition of the lenses will affect what you can get for them.

Thanks! That's really informative. Would the selling point be the emerald lens? If they are a 9/10 condition with no damage on the frame or lens, how much would an average buyer buy for? I see some from 200-300 on eBay, but not the exact match as mine.

Won't hurt to emphasise the emerald lenses, certainly. If I didn't have an identical pair, I'd be looking to spend around £170, which is about $270. Add a bit for the x-metal soft vault and you might see the $300.

UK tends to pay a little more though, so bear that in mind.

Thanks! That's really informative. Would the selling point be the emerald lens? If they are a 9/10 condition with no damage on the frame or lens, how much would an average buyer buy for? I see some from 200-300 on eBay, but not the exact match as mine.

Good job doing your due dilligence before selling on ebay. Most people dont, which leads me to my next point, though something sells on ebay for $xxx what happens next definitley comes into play. I purchased a pair of polished penny's that were a steal @$250, advertised as 100% authentic, with brand new rubbers. They arrived, and the rubbers were used, slick and sticky, one peice was missing and the lenses were not original. I told the seller the discrepancy, and requested a credit to replace the items he did not describe correctly. I returned the item as the seller felt like i was conning him and that I should be thankful he/she gave me some bonus used lenses that were not in the description. Anyways, wserialized with matching box and coin, in decent condition would fetch $250-$350, On ebay, here less, since buyers would mostly know what they are getting into before committing to a price. Frame & lenses only $175-$225 neighborhood.

Back