• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
1) Plasma JPPL frame (no box, no lenses)
2) Plasma JPPL frame with Tit Clear lenses
3) Plasma JPPL complete!

(Juliet in case you needed to ask ;-)

since they do get a bit rarer, i would say 300, 375, 450. give or take 50-75 considering market supply and demand. definitely above a vanilla pair on par or slightly better than first run/first gens but under ichiros, brown, finito, 24k.

since they do get a bit rarer, i would say 300, 375, 450. give or take 50-75 considering market supply and demand. definitely above a vanilla pair on par or slightly better than first run/first gens but under ichiros, brown, finito, 24k.
A pair sold in Japan recently for >$1,000. I've seen them sell for $7-800. My thinking was at least as rare as a Finito.
Are you simply stating what you'd be willing to pay rather than commenting on probable value to a collector?
(Not being argumentative, just curious. Appreciate your responses always.)

same as most boxes, 30-50. at least thats what i would pay. i just got a mars crater box and coin iff eBay for $50 and thought that was expensive but they don't come very often.
I reckon boxes are $50 all day long nowadays. I've paid thereabouts for about the last four and thought it was still reasonable. You did well for a Mars Crater at that, I'd say.

A pair sold in Japan recently for >$1,000. I've seen them sell for $7-800. My thinking was at least as rare as a Finito.
Are you simply stating what you'd be willing to pay rather than commenting on probable value to a collector?
(Not being argumentative, just curious. Appreciate your responses always.)
Both. what i would be willing to pay here on forum, maybe more on eBay since you have added protection and assurances. but also my personal ranking on Juliets based on the history and types sold. A lot has to also be said about supply and demand in the market. I personally stand by placing value on the value itself, not desire. with that said, i wouldn't pay $1k for them. $700 if i really desired them. i would pay $600 for them if they improved my collection (have a pair but not LNIB, creased box, etc) and would jump on them for $450. But if a friend asked me if $700 is a "good deal" on that pair i would say no and only advise him to buy if he really wanted that pair specifically, after all, there IS a value to getting a coveted item but there is a GREATER value in getting a coveted item for a fair/better than fair price. finally there is something to be said and is always repeated when seasoned collectors advise new collectors which I do get the privilege of repeating... be patient, your grail will show up and it is always worth it if you wait patiently to get it at a fair price and enjoy interacting with fellow collectors. But if you go nuts and buy all that you want now because you can you will get burnt out quickly and leave the hobby with less elation that it could have given you.

dang that was a lotta typing... so you gonna sell me a JPPL OR WHAT?

Back