• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
My local thrift shop has a pair of Gen 1 Minutes (jet hole icon version. They're Powder with Black Iridium. The lenses are definitely shot. The frame is in decent shape; the Oakley logo on the nosebridge is partially worn, there is a chip of missing paint in the same area, and other minor scuffing of the frame. They're only $10 though.

For $10, they might make a nice repaint project. What do you think?

What would y'all think the value be on a pair of very tenderly used carbon/tungsten c six's go for on the market that has all it came with?

At the very least you can get what you paid for them. If they're perfect I'd say 5k-6k without a problem and that all depends on how bad someone really wants them.

My local thrift shop has a pair of Gen 1 Minutes (jet hole icon version. They're Powder with Black Iridium. The lenses are definitely shot. The frame is in decent shape; the Oakley logo on the nosebridge is partially worn, there is a chip of missing paint in the same area, and other minor scuffing of the frame. They're only $10 though.

Absolutely

go for it. Minutes were my go to pairs for a long time. they fitted me really well. one of my fave oakleys. i dont have the jet hole icon version tho. i recently got the platinum/gold w/rootbeer earsocks for...nothing. this bird was selling hers for twenty. i met up to do the deal for that much. had a closer look, the earsocks were greasy as! they were used as beach pairs. lots of suntan oil. i mentioned this would be a repaint project, the earsocks would need replacing, and maybe new lenses. i kindly passed on them bcos earsocks for Minutes are hard to find. she then gifted them to me as a pressy. i thought what the. no no, i cant take them for nothing, please. she insisted, i accepted in the end.

At the very least you can get what you paid for them. If they're perfect I'd say 5k-6k without a problem and that all depends on how bad someone really wants them.

i watched a pair on ebay go for a little over $3k not to long ago, and a pair of aluminums for $2000 just yesterday. One set that is new (#5) is still on for $9k (wow). I'm hoping to get some real good pics done of these and then shoot for the $3-4k mark. More then that would be great, but as you said, its depending on how bad someone wants them. Any suggestion on what will comfort a buyer the most so they are not as worried about what they are getting?

i watched a pair on ebay go for a little over $3k not to long ago, and a pair of aluminums for $2000 just yesterday. One set that is new (#5) is still on for $9k (wow). I'm hoping to get some real good pics done of these and then shoot for the $3-4k mark. More then that would be great, but as you said, its depending on how bad someone wants them. Any suggestion on what will comfort a buyer the most so they are not as worried about what they are getting?

I think stress the fact in the description that they were very well cared for and also make sure to take as many perfect pics from all angles as possible so the buyer can really examine them from all angles and see there is nothing wrong with them. Other than that I think that's all you can do.

Yeah do it, also got the same pair, got it on Ebay with the box for cheap

go for it. Minutes were my go to pairs for a long time. they fitted me really well. one of my fave oakleys. i dont have the jet hole icon version tho. i recently got the platinum/gold w/rootbeer earsocks for...nothing. this bird was selling hers for twenty. i met up to do the deal for that much. had a closer look, the earsocks were greasy as! they were used as beach pairs. lots of suntan oil. i mentioned this would be a repaint project, the earsocks would need replacing, and maybe new lenses. i kindly passed on them bcos earsocks for Minutes are hard to find. she then gifted them to me as a pressy. i thought what the. no no, i cant take them for nothing, please. she insisted, i accepted in the end.

Wow! Nice pickup.

I've got plenty of Minutes in the collection, but only two colorways with the jet hole. I think gen 1 were the old omatter though, so I'm not sure how durable they will be in the long run (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

The pair I saw had earsocks which were in good shape, but they appeared light grey in color. They're supposed to be white. So either they're filthy, or were swapped at some point.

I think stress the fact in the description that they were very well cared for and also make sure to take as many perfect pics from all angles as possible so the buyer can really examine them from all angles and see there is nothing wrong with them. Other than that I think that's all you can do.

appreciate your advise...

Back