• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Valve 1.0 Clear Hinge/Hub question

So I tried to do a 'smoke' color on these lugs. The first time I tried the paint was really uneven and was too light. This time around the lugs are almost too dark. Which is good because the smoke color is still uneven. All the colored translucent paints came out nice and even looking. Not the smoke though. Not sure how I feel about this piece. :cool:🤙

IMG_1399.JPG
IMG_1400.JPG

Might be the light but kinda hard to see the smoke effect. Course I’m on an iPhone which ain’t helping 😏📱
Intentional. I had it done lighter at one time. But you could see the imperfections of the black coloring more. The uneven-ness of the coloring. It’s not like the blue or red lugs where the coloring looks even throughout. So after a couple attempts, I decided to make the black darker to try hide things. Maybe until I do it better on another piece. :cool:🤙

So I pulled apart my dark gray Valves with black and blue lugs and have come to the conclusion that all dark gray Valves, including the red lug of the Ducati Valve, are NOT clear. They will be a solid black color. Picture of an FMJ lug is at the bottom. :cool:🤙

IMG_7108.JPG
IMG_7110.JPG
IMG_7111.JPG
IMG_7118.JPG
IMG_7124.JPG