• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vault Ethics

i work at a oakley vault and it is 10 pairs a year with a pretty damn good discount....and in our store our manager wont let us purchase a new limited edition pair of glasses if we just received them that day. we just got a pair of shaun white edition dispatch's and one of our employees tried purchasing them and our manager was fair about it and said that he couldn't purchase them until they have been sitting on display for at least 2 weeks which is fair enough for customers to be able to buy them first. (our whole staff is eyeballing those pair of shades)

i know the way it works at the vault that i work at is even the discontinued stuff still goes against your allotment. and only the DE stuff you can buy as many as you want. We just got in a bunch of moto gp scaples and they where flying off the shelf to employees! but it really is if you arnt working that day a shipment comes in then you may never get a shot at it! but that is the real reason i got a part time job there is because i love oakleys and get a killer discount!

Incorrect!

I just stopped by my local vault to inquire about ichiro radars that people are finding. Three of the guys that work there I've talked to seemed pretty cool and are collectors. I asked one of them about ichiros and he said that they got them in and they all bought them. I was talking to an employee at an O store and he said he's bummed sometimes because he has to wait until the store closes until he can buy things. Is it the same deal for vault employees? I visit this vault regularly and haven't seen any ichiros on the shelves. I was bummed to learn that now I have a slim to none chance of finding rare items at my vault.

I was at the vault in az late last night around closing. And they had one on display for sale! Maybe they still have it?

but it really is if you arnt working that day a shipment comes in then you may never get a shot at it!
Aint that the truth. I remember I almost missed out on a pair of troy lee fuel cells because I closed and the shipment came in early.

Ellentonvaultmarc, do you you a kaitlyne?

What the Oakley employees on this topic have failed to mention is that, if anything comes into the store as "DE" or "display eyewear" they can but as much as they want. It doesn't count against their 10 pairs they get every year. :thumb:

Back