• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vault Ethics

A couple of months ago, I was offered a Store manager job at SGH...but it wasn't enough money and the discount was NOWHERE near as good as Oakley's!

Isnt SGH like 30%?

Yeah I think it was 25 or 30%. But that's a far cry from the 70ish% that Oakley gives. I've been working retail for years, so 25% off is ok, but nothing great...especially when you know what cost is! The mark-up on anything clothing or accessory related is HUGE.

DAMN i would love to get the Oakley-employees discount. . .
i would work for them!

I worked at the only O store (well, not really an O store, because Oakley didn't own it, but anyway) in all of scandinavia for the time it was open.. What we did was to order the pieces we wanted as employees extra.. So, when I wanted the STPL Frogskins we ordered 5 or 6 of them, because we were three employees who wanted them. That way we avoided the problem with not having some limited editions for customers. And our discount wasn't bad either. ;)

2 Pairs of Ichiro radars (in the Florida area) were for sale on eBay earlier for $199. Feel narked that i paid something like $350 for mine when they first came out

The seller also has a few other pairs of Oakleys for sale, more than likely an employee from that store i'd say

Way back when i worked in retail i got Oakleys at trade price, shame the wages weren't that great for me to make the most of the discount i got. Having worked in retail i have no problem with employees having first dibbs, they have to put up with enough cr@p so it's good they get a little extra bonus. I was (and still am in my current job) lucky enough to take advantage of getting sale items first

Back