• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vault New Releases?

TheRevTy

Oakley Beginner
So, a weird thing happened yesterday. The Mrs. and I were hitting up the local outlet mall, and popped into the Cault to see if there was anything new. In men's, it was same old same old, but women's had a bunch of one new frame style on clearance. She tried them on and liked them, but I was scratching my head because I hadn't seen these before, and couldn't find any official Oakley presence of these online, only at ShadeStation. Well, I did some digging and found out why - they haven't been released yet.

She bought a pair of brown vapor Top Spin. That frame isn't meant to release until Oct 1st. They were heavily discounted - $89, down from the $159 listed on ShadeStation.

Any ideas how that happened?

The Top Spin was originally going to be released in Oct. with the rest of the Q3 new releases. After Oakley began production they decided to pull this style from production and not release it. Soo to get rid of what they already made, they sent them to the Vaults to get sold quickly and at a discount. Soo basically what you have is a Vault Only Release. Which is kinda cool because they probably didn't make very many of them.

If it's true that they won't be making these anymore then it sounds like you got a nice collection piece with a nice little story to go with it to be honest.

Nice find! I would totally grab another pair or two, wait a while, throw them on eBay (with a story about their rarity), and see what happens.

Back