• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vault Price Increase??

My local Vault still has them for $39. I've always wondered why there's price discrepancy between the physical store and web (and why they won't price match each other).

From numerous viewings of the vault I have found some common occurrences that might help explain this. It seems that whoever is in charge of maintenance and upkeep of the vault website has some issues with scripting, or just isn't the best website manager around. Either way, it seems that every-time they go about doing some maintenance or updating the items available on the site they have this same problem. Sometimes it results in half the items on any given page missing, sometimes the prices go all funky (like you are describing here), and sometimes the page completely goes blank (if you checked at the right time last night you would of found absolutely no sunglasses for sale from the Vault website). For example, when I was buying my JFL's off the vault all of a sudden the whole JFL sale page went corrupt. It stayed like this for about 10 hours then was fixed (where I was finally able to buy the JFL without issues). This appears to just be regular issues they have while maintaining the website. Usually if you check back within 24 hours they have fixed the problem. So long story short, don't be too worried if you saw a pair you wanted that has all of a sudden disappeared or gone back up to msrp, typically these are just glitches and will resolve themselves in time (obviously the vault does occasionally sellout of products and in that case the item would essentially disappear from the site, it is very rare that a product on the vault goes back up to full retail). Hope this helps!!!

I may have to take back what I said. Usually these types of things are resolved by now. I haven't called anyone but if your information is right piper that would be incredibly unfortunate. The only advantage I see to being able to move certain pairs to the vault and still charging the same amount is that the regular online O store then shows change-over and doesn't get cluttered with the numerous odd frames that don'tsell. But you would think if they aren't selling, they aren't going to sell at the vault either if they keep the msrp. I will keep my fingers crossed that their is just a serious glitch going on with the vault but I apologize if this how Oakley wants to run the online vault from now on and I gave some misinformation...

Wait, not all vaults price match? All that I frequent will match the website dollar for dollar as long as it's an exact match to what I want to buy. Has to be same frame and lens color etc.

I just don't get it 170 for the light grey polar Sj? I could probably get one from Japan directly for that price They assured me this was a policy leading to Vaults integrating with O stores more I know people on here work for o and have not heard that but ..
they denied the made in china story for months even to a manager I am friends with who has moved on because he will not work for Lux. I don't claim this as fact but they sure will not lower the full priced vault stuff when asked on phone Crankcases ex
Crept tort still over 100..., I won't go off on new releases and hope people enjoy them ... Again very little sold that is not too big for me ...I love my half, flak and sj2's still but found in person the fog flak was a lot lighter than pic shows on sites. A cool person here sent me a pic that showed the real color ... Went and got parts for making spare black black pair instead for 60 dollars less. I really don't know the company's future ...Guess I am stuck in 2007 forever

Latest Posts

Back