• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vault Staff

I just ordered some new gaskets for my Romeo 1.0. Now she will be completely be restored. Some brand new original lenses will be put in it, but there's no way I'm ever gonna wear them.
Also sliding from the top of my head won't work for me, as I have long hair :p

The vault I go too is awesome. Wore my Romeos there and they were all eye it. Got to talking, on the members knew me as "the kid that makes those cool stands". Wore my mars in next time and they tried them on. Then I brought my OTT in and they were blown away lol. Great guys, great store

The Vault and O stores in the DC/Maryland/VA area are awesome. Everyone I have talked with have been more than helpful. They even give opinion. I was purchasing an X Squared and the girl talked me out of the Ducati X Squared and just purchased a regular pair. It seems they all know a little about what is going on with the company and how everyone is pissed about certain things...makes me wonder if their rep feeds them info.

The vault I go too is awesome. Wore my Romeos there and they were all eye it. Got to talking, on the members knew me as "the kid that makes those cool stands". Wore my mars in next time and they tried them on. Then I brought my OTT in and they were blown away lol. Great guys, great store

You make your own stands? i have been thinking about doing some for myself and have been thinking of designs. Got any pics of yours? Pointers or do you sell them?

The Vault and O stores in the DC/Maryland/VA area are awesome. Everyone I have talked with have been more than helpful. They even give opinion. I was purchasing an X Squared and the girl talked me out of the Ducati X Squared and just purchased a regular pair. It seems they all know a little about what is going on with the company and how everyone is pissed about certain things...makes me wonder if their rep feeds them info.
The employees are the reps. Reps only go to non-Oakley stores.

As far as Vault employees go, there are actually a few on here and I'm sure they will chime in.

But when i recently went to the vault store i knew more about the radars then the employee did

I stopped going to my near by vaults about a year ago. They don't know what they are talking about and they constantly give me ballpark facts and misinformation to try and sell me. The Sunglass Huts are even worse. It's sad they all have employees like that. I go to a shop called Sunglass World and love it. Even the three girls that work there have Oakley collections and know their glasses value when they see them. Two guys there talked me into my Gold Holbrook purchase 4 months ago, and they hit me up when they have anything valuable in. From what they've told me they have 8 stores, but not much of an online presence. I will forsure be calling these guys when I'm issued orders in April 2013.

The employees at the Arizona Mills Vault are all passionate and very informed about Oakley. I don't know the few new employees there, but the ones I've been dealing with are awesome.

It's kinda funny we talk about this. We have to remember that a majority of these people are there for just a job. Yes they are supposed to know about the product and there training, knowledge, and experience is to be used to inform customers about the products and assist them in making the best choice. I never test their knowledge nor do I try to act like a di@k to them. I may help them or correct something in a nice way. I have met some nice people and they thank me. But again you can't expect them to know everything. Some of them are very young and they don't really know much. I have met a few who know their stuff and some that knew nothing.....

I remember once my wife and I went to look at a new vehicle. We could not come to a deal on the one we wanted so the salesman opted to show me a model with less features. I told him no thanks and wanted to leave. He knew what I was looking for and said to me " what if I have the option you want installed on this vehicle, would you make the deal on this one". I told him it was impossible to install that option on their and there is No way it can be down. He insisted if it could be done would I sign the papers. I again said to him it's impossible to do, but I would humor his offer while he found out. He came back and told me it was impossible, based on his info from his parts dept. This was a prime example of an untrained sales person with little to no knowledge of what he was selling. I was not rude to him but I am sure he felt a little out of place, then again maybe he didn't care.....Again this can be proved in any store you go into and ask about any product......

Sometimes we need to have a little patience with people. As Oakley enthusiasts we research, study and share product knowledge on here. When someone asks a question on the forum we don't belittle them, we either answer them or point them in the right direction. We all know that a lot of SGH employees are unfamiliar we any of the products they sell, just the same with O store or vault employees.

I once was at a surf shop in another country, while on vacation. I was wearing metals and a young employee started asking questions about them. I answered them without hesitation. We had a brief discussion. During the discussion this guy said he bet he knew more about Oakley then I did. Mind you, this kid was staring at my wife who was about 8 feet away checking out bikinis, I kinda laughed inside and he began to rattle off if I knew a specific thing about Oakley polarization. I paused for a moment as he was very specific about what the answer was. He then blurted out the answer to me and then said " I bet you you didn't know that!" and laughed. My wife looked at him and said " I bet you feel like a real mature man having known that". I laughed and walked away.... It was quite funny seeing this kid standing there with his mouth hanging open as my wife put in her 2 cents worth. It was even more funny as he realized I caught him staring at her and she threw him under the bus right in front of others.....

Latest Posts

Back