• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MILE

Oakley Beginner
Everything to know about Oakley Vault stores – the exclusive Oakley outlet where discounts can be up to 50%!
What is the Oakley Vault?
Oakley Vault stores are outlet stores for Oakley Inc. You may find some in standalone areas, but many are also a part of Tanger Outlets and similar strip malls.
The discounts at these Oakley outlet locations can be up to 70% off retail prices. Although that number is typically reserved for stock that most people are not interested in. Typical discounts will hover around 30-50% off.
image-jpg.jpg
Oakley Vault store where you can find exclusive deals and discounts
What Oakleys are available at Vault stores?
This is the big question – after all, what good are discounts if you don’t want the sunglasses? Unfortunately, it’s also the biggest mystery. Store inventory will change based on location and month-to-month. Like...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 51
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 39
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 35
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 32
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 33
  • image-jpg.jpg
    image-jpg.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Vaults sell some stuff that O-stores sell. Vaults carry discontinued frames, overstock frames, MPH frames (mister potatoe head, they are bits and pieces put together to make a frame combo) they also have clothing exclusive to the vaults, discontinued luggage,bags, shoes,etc.........They carry a lot of lens replacements and rubber parts. I personally would rather go to a vault then an o-store. IMO The vault is a discount outlet.... They are mostly fund in the outlet factory store shops....Its worth a trip if you are into Oakley. I went to 5 vaults in 2 days....

Thanks for clearing that up…! Well, I've just started with my first Pit Bull but I'd definitely like to check out some more and maybe get one or two more glasses, especially one for cycling and another that I can wear when the occasion is not as casual -- and after I've given my PB to my gf to try out she wants a pair of (polarized) Oakley's as well now…! :)

- MILE

Hey all,

I'm in the mood to treat myself to a new Pair of Oakley sunglasses. I have been away from the brand for a while wearing Costa Del Mar glasses and now want to get something new.

Every time I go to a shop that carries Oakley stuff, they never have the stuff I want to see and am interested in. Academy, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro and so forth, mostly have the plastic type frames and I am interested in the wire frames. I almost never see them.

When I looked on the Oakley site for dealers in my area, Houston, Texas, other than the general type places like I mentioned, I saw 2 different types of stores that look like they would have what I am looking to check out. These were VAULT STORES and OAKLEY STORES. I don't know what a "VAULT" store is and I am assuming that the OAKLEY stores would carry everything they have in their catalog.

So, I'd like to ask you guys and gals what would be the best place to see and try on as many different pairs of Oakley sunglasses as I want? If there is anyone that's from the Houston, Texas area and knows what the best place to go is, that's awesome, please tell me. I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks for your time and any help you can give me.

MUHerd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think of a retail factory store vs. an outlet store. Vault stores are typically used for discontinued/discounted items. To get an idea of prices/selections compare Oakley.com vs Oakleyvault.com .

Prices will be better at a Vault store, but selection of new items will be better an an Oakley store. They are both official stores though, so don't worry about that aspect of it.

The Vault near me has a TON of the newest stuff in there, just as much as the Oakley store near me. The difference with the Vault, though, is that it has a lot of older stuff that can be very discounted. The only newer stuff my Vault doesn't have are the new X-Metals. From what they told me.... they won't be able to sell them for another few months. Those are reserved for Oakley Stores and Sunglass Huts.

The Vault near me has a TON of the newest stuff in there, just as much as the Oakley store near me. The difference with the Vault, though, is that it has a lot of older stuff that can be very discounted. The only newer stuff my Vault doesn't have are the new X-Metals. From what they told me.... they won't be able to sell them for another few months. Those are reserved for Oakley Stores and Sunglass Huts.

The Mans will be on the vault soon enough haha.

Or think of it this way, if you go to the Vault you get reasonable and discount prices, you go to the regular Oakley store it has all the new and great things but you pay outrageous prices for stuff they send to the vault. ;)

What makes an oakley store a vault? Whats the difference?

Back