• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Venting thread of 'Re-Release' BS..

KyleTheSid

Oakley Enthusiast
Just thought id vent how i feel about all this talk about "Rerelease" and a little on OCP frogs. Damn. Oakley rereleases a couple pairs and everyone gets their balls twisted...like seriously! Not saying this directly to anyone personally but just in general, its ALL OVER Facebook, twitter, etc.. of "Is neon yellow being rereleased," "Rerelease of Supremes!?" I doubt anything else will be rereleased again..the pairs they did rerelease were just everyday colors for their every day line. Is no one understanding!? Collabs and 'rare' pairs are definitely not coming back. And i can already see the smart @$$ replies of "Well, we don't know with Oakley anymore" "Oakley went back on their word" smh.. Im just saying, look at all the pairs for fuel cell and holbrook..theyre all the same color ways as the rerelease frogskins because its basic. What person walks into a store and picks up a neon yellow not knowing anything about it or looking for a basic everyday pair of sunglasses. Honestly, their nothing more than plastic. If there are any OCP frogskins I'm sure it will just be the "rerelease" color options. Didn't mean to snap at you guys but this is just how I've been feeling with reading all these rumors people make up..feel free to add how you feel as this is a venting thread.

I don't think the re-release rumours have been that bad. The problem is not knowing what is pure rumour and what is known fact. Too many people are making stuff up without any real knowledge and that, for me, is where the frustration comes in but once it's clear someones just wishful thinking I'm cool about it.

As to why all these rumours, well, I think it's a reaction to a lack of any creativity with the model on Oakley's behalf, so people want a re-release of all the old stuff that actually kicked off the whole Frogskins crave seen over the past 2 years, without having to pay inflated prices on the originals.

I feel..its only plastic and the internetisn't a representation of the real world....I wouldnt let it get to me...I went from 300 to 40 pairs and its best addiction I ever quit besides smoking...they can rerelease Eyejacket 3 for all I care or make real Fandangos...but too many Frogs ...maybe...

to be honest, the re-release pairs never bothered me much, i looked at them more for the colourways available, and whether i would like them or not. like Kyle said, doubt they will ever re-release the classics or collab pairs. the closest was probably the matte black/violet compared to the supreme black.

Don't get me wrong I love the rereleases I just don't like someone hearing a rumor and finding it necessary to post on every social media fan page for Oakleys.

If Oakley re-releases the Neon Yellow Frogs, I'm gonna ask my hookup in Russia to drop a bomb on the USA because then life would not be worth living ...

I am all for them rereleasing as long as it includes the EyeJackets... They are my first love with Oakley and I would love to have a shot at a few colors I didn't have the cash for back then

And I wouldn't complain too much about a rerelease of R1's... :rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back