• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Vintage 07-019 X-Metal Vault Box W/Barcode

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax man dont go on a rage About it, we're just telling you why you wont get any takers so you wont be wasting your time.. And the appeal of the metal vaults itself isnt about vintage or not. Theres no price difference on them either way.

As for mumbos the clear original boxes were desireable cos of the name that got discontinued. Gen1 frogs were more because of the metal hinges.

Collectibility isnt just about how old it is. But in the case of the boxes The black boxes were older and harder to find, thats the bottom line

Some people reacted to this post.
I'm not using exclamation points or caps, just trying to see how people view things different. I'm always after more Oakley knowledge and the feel from the community, so if I'm a little off I try to further get people's opinions.

The black boxes are definitely older, but I'm not sure they're necessarily harder to find. It would depend on how much the vault was put out with the black boxes and how much with the white boxes, because in searching ebay I find that the majority of those vaults with boxes are the black versions. The production runs for each box era is knowledge I don't have. Everybody associates the black boxes with the golden era, so I think people are just swayed toward that box more no matter what. My initial thought is that this case was available for a longer period of time during the era with the black boxes, but I'm not quite sure of that.

The only reason I'm trading is because I polished the exterior of the case that originally came with this box. Being that I modified it a bit, and essentially did something custom, I felt I didn't need this box anymore. I have an all original finish medium sized vault that I've been looking for a box to match up with, and I felt a 07-019 box is an 07-019 box that would be useful to someone to complete a set since there are many X-Metal vaults out there without any type of box. I'll trade it for a white version 07-011 (with entire label still there), I figured more people would have the black version since I've seen them mainly on ebay with the black (if any box is included at all).

I have several vaults. There were three versions of boxes done. The xmetal vaults started with black paper boxes then moved onto the white/black printing. The metal vault or smaller torpedo style version started with black also and moved onto black with the orange band then lastly to white with/black print. They retained the same model, even though they changed the box

nysa5uve.jpg

dydasutu.jpg

Thanks for the extra info and posting pics. I always forget about the orange band boxes. That 07-255 box is really nice, every time I see the orange like that I think about magnesium. I wish they put a lot more stuff in that style of box.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks for the extra info and posting pics. I always forget about the orange band boxes. That 07-255 box is really nice, every time I see the orange like that I think about magnesium. I wish they put a lot more stuff in that style of box.

fair enough, i know where you're coming from, just trying to help you thats all.

and i totally agree, the black box with orange print reminds me of the warning:magnesium labels! those were cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.