1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Hi all, my wife has had prescription c wires for years, recently she had some new lenses put in her frames and I thought as they were still in good condition I would track down an old c wire frame to put the previous fire lenses in so she could have a spare pair.
    This hasn't been as simple as I thought and I won a frame on ebay, delivered last week, had time this evening to look them over clean them up and try her lenses in them but I notice a few things.
    First, the lenses are a long was from being the same shape as the frame, and secondly there isn't any writing on this frame other than a " ce" stamp (her frame has the usual c wire as well). Was the c wire faked? Did it even come in a gold colour? Can't see one on o review now I look, I thought it did but I could be wrong!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Oops posted before I had uploaded sorry!

Vintage c wire - 20150301_212803.jpg

Vintage c wire - 20150301_210921.jpg

Vintage c wire - 20150301_210946.jpg

3. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

4. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Thats a legit frame

dave m likes this.
  5. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

I wondered as I thought it looked like the a wire 2.0, however I think having spoken to a very grumpy man at oakley uk customer services ( i phoned up to get the address to send my juliets back for a tune up so thought i would ask)who clearly didn't want to talk to me about such "an old frame" did say that the RX frame c wire was a different size to the retail one so I suspect that is where the issue lies. Guess I need to keep an eye out for an RX c wire, cheers for your input chaps.