• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage c wire

dave m

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi all, my wife has had prescription c wires for years, recently she had some new lenses put in her frames and I thought as they were still in good condition I would track down an old c wire frame to put the previous fire lenses in so she could have a spare pair.
This hasn't been as simple as I thought and I won a frame on ebay, delivered last week, had time this evening to look them over clean them up and try her lenses in them but I notice a few things.
First, the lenses are a long was from being the same shape as the frame, and secondly there isn't any writing on this frame other than a " ce" stamp (her frame has the usual c wire as well). Was the c wire faked? Did it even come in a gold colour? Can't see one on o review now I look, I thought it did but I could be wrong!

Oops posted before I had uploaded sorry!

20150301_212803.jpg

20150301_210921.jpg

20150301_210946.jpg

I wondered as I thought it looked like the a wire 2.0, however I think having spoken to a very grumpy man at oakley uk customer services ( i phoned up to get the address to send my juliets back for a tune up so thought i would ask)who clearly didn't want to talk to me about such "an old frame" did say that the RX frame c wire was a different size to the retail one so I suspect that is where the issue lies. Guess I need to keep an eye out for an RX c wire, cheers for your input chaps.

Back