• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage E-wire And T-wire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoTors

I am Jim Jannard...
One of my favorite glasses I had growing up was my Oakley E-wire or T-wires. I can't remember which one it was. I remember them fitting my face perfectly (Asian).

Unfortunatly I broke them and never got them replaced. I see Oakley is now selling both the Vintage E-wire (temporarily sold out) and T-wire. I am trying to resist but i know i will eventually give in.

From the pics on Oakleys site, it appears the ear stems on the T-wires are more rounded than the E-wires making me think that is what I had along time ago. Any members here own or handled both? Can you fill me in on the differences between the two?

Thanks
Ross T.

There really are no differences as far as shape of the ear stems or lenses. The biggest differences between the T-wire and E-wire are that the T-wire has Titanium etched on the bottom of the left lens and the ear socks were white and obviously the frame was made out of Titanium.

Wire frames are easily adjusted to fit a wide range of face shapes.

not sure if they made any changes this time around but back in the day the only dif between the 2 was that the T's felt a little lighter (and cost a lot more) to me but the shape was identical.

Thanks for the replies. I should've figured that the only difference between the two was a materials that made the frames. Along with a slight price difference. It does look like there's a difference in color of the unobtanium on the earstems.

I am hoping that there were no changes made from the originals. I should find out this week.

I think that e-wire lens are smaller than t-wire. I tried ordering e- wire replacement lens for my t-wire and they were 2 mm smaller then t-wire frames. You must order t-wire lens if you want to replace them.

I think that e-wire lens are smaller than t-wire. I tried ordering e- wire replacement lens for my t-wire and they were 2 mm smaller then t-wire frames. You must order t-wire lens if you want to replace them.

You're a little too late to the show: @RoTors passed away........Mods can we lock this one.down please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back