• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Eye Jackets

sharjt

I should Work at Oakley
Huntsvegas, AL
I have read alot on eyejackets and of my 18 pairs they are the only frames I have multiples of. They are my absolute favorites and are what started my Oakley obsession so many years ago. So i wanted to start a thread discussing what you look for in searching out a real pair. I tend to look for the known colorways and look for obvious signs of fakes.

One fake sign I always avoid and am not sure if I should, is the trade mark sign on the bridge. I've seen posters with and without them and have read somewhere that it was because it was in print that they had them. My problem is that it's not always there in print. What do you guys think, are there real Eye jackets with the trade mark logo?

Also, I have a pair of what I think are electric mustard New Eyejackets (I got them at Sams Club optical center) but I've never seen a picture of them on anything. o review doesn't have a pic and the original eyejacket version looks more gold than yellow. Also found this Oakley Eye Jacket, Electric Mustard, Collector - YouTube
But I think they're are showing FMJ Coppers, but and he says FMJ electric mustard which don't exist and i don't think made New Eyejackets in FMJ Copper.

As far as the trademark on the nose bridge I just did some research on this myself in another thread. They are some with, and some without, both legit. As for the Mustards, post up a pic. I never knew Sam's sold Oakleys

It happens when they buy-out a bankruptcy... you see them in costco sometimes as well. Some small optical chain will go out of business and their bank will offer the entire lot at 10 cents on the dollar and BOOM Oakley in Costco/Sam's Club.

It happens when they buy-out a bankruptcy... you see them in costco sometimes as well. Some small optical chain will go out of business and their bank will offer the entire lot at 10 cents on the dollar and BOOM Oakley in Costco/Sam's Club.

That's crazy!! I believe you but it's craaaaazy!

Here's a pic witha few i have on display so I can wear them often. I'll post some more in the collections forum as soon as my Blood Eyejackets come in and I can find them all, some are packed up, like my Mustard frames. But I will be sure post the Mustards specifically here for refrence.

Last edited by a moderator:
ON display are my most worn pair, Cobalt / +Red Iridium, this is my third pair and i will have forth back up pair soon.
Next are black gold / VR28, the gold iridium lenses were destroyed and I haven't found a replacement set yet.
and obviously my matte black with black iridium. These have the eyekon lenes in this pic which are so flat. They have sense been swaped to a replace set of authentic Oakley black iridiums.

I would like to get my original colorway back, but when I do look, I stay away from "square" hinges, where the arm meets the outside of the frame. Also, an embedded logo is key for me.

Latest Posts

Back