• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Frogskins; Have You Ever Seen ‘em?

danergreat

Oakley Beginner
Hello,

I absolutely loved Oakley Frogskins back in the mid 90’s. I have pair with clear frames and clear lenses. I found these somewhere and bought them because I had never seen a pair like this before. I would have bought them in the mid 90’s. These are the “2nd generation” of Frogskins with the integrated molded hinges and raised Oakley logo on the ear stems. I have the original box (with a sticker that says Grey/Standard – a possible mix-up???), storage bag, and paper insert. They are in like new condition. Has anyone else seen a similar pair, and if so can give some information on the history and worth of these? I’m planning on selling them soon and would like to have an idea.

Thanks

Yes, please post pics to give us a better idea of the sunglasses you are talking about and there a plenty of members in this community who will be able to help out.

There used to be a sticky (I think) about how to post pics.

Effectively, go to a photo-hosting site like photobucket.com

Upload your pics there, and then it gives you an IMG code, it's in square brackets. You just copy and paste that code into your text and it appears!

There used to be a sticky (I think) about how to post pics.

Effectively, go to a photo-hosting site like photobucket.com

Upload your pics there, and then it gives you an IMG code, it's in square brackets. You just copy and paste that code into your text and it appears!

The pics....finally

Here are the pics of my "Clear/Clear" vintage Frogskins. Are these rare? I'm getting ready to sell them and am curious about their value. Thanks for all your help.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo-18.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo5.jpg

I'm at a loss. You may have something very valuable there.

But it begs the question: why make clear lenses for sunglasses?

I'm not sure what to make of it either. That is the original box, obviously the box doesn't match the glasses. I kind of thought it might have been a factory mess up when I bought them, who has ever heard of clear sunglasses? If there is additional insight out there I'd love to hear it.

Back