1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. cnc6306

cnc6306 Oakley Beginner

i have like 15 pairs of vintage 80's oakley goggles . only one pair of them has a rubber rib like strip down the middle . was this to prevent the strap from sliding around on your helmet ? is this strap more rare than other straps ? or could this be a fake ? can anyone help with these questions ? i have posted the pictures with the strap with the rubber strip and one without it . thanks for any help :D .
    VINTAGE OAKLEY GOGGLE STRAP QUESTION , CAN YOU HELP ? - 001-17.jpg
    VINTAGE OAKLEY GOGGLE STRAP QUESTION , CAN YOU HELP ? - 002-9.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. oakleyguy7

oakleyguy7 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

hmmm im not to familiar with googles but what i do know is there is the rubber on the new straps, and your right it is for keeping it on your helmet. might be possible that you got a newer strap since i know they did make some like throw back straps and stuff for googles. not really 100% sure though

3. cnc6306

cnc6306 Oakley Beginner

hey thanks for the info . i know they made newer straps to look like the older ones but i think the newer ones connect to the goggles differently than the older ones , not 100% sure . the strap with the rubber strip is exactly like all my other vintage ones . it slides through the goggles the same and the stitching is the same . thank you for the help .

4. cnc6306

cnc6306 Oakley Beginner

i finally figured out the difference between the 2 straps . the black strap with the ribbed inside rubber was made for the oakley h2o goggles . the straps and foam on the goggles were different . the h2o goggles had a more rubbery foam around the inside of the goggles and the straps had the rubber band on them . thanks for everyones input and hope this helps others .

5. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

The strip Helps the band grip onto helmets.