• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Section Poll!

What should the criteria be for a Vintage Section?

• Pre-1999

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Pre-2003

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Discontinued 5 years

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No Vintage Section

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Well the polls just ended, looks like no vintage section won. This does not mean there will never be a vintage section, but I think for the time being we will let the other sections grow and re-address this in the future. Obviously many people were interested in this, but its obvious that people are also conflicted over it. Sorry feargeargarage, you win some you lose some

Well the polls just ended, looks like no vintage section won. This does not mean there will never be a vintage section, but I think for the time being we will let the other sections grow and re-address this in the future. Obviously many people were interested in this, but its obvious that people are also conflicted over it. Sorry feargeargarage, you win some you lose some
Pro Vintage section won 65% to 35% over no Vintage section. And within that Pre-2003 won 50% over Pre-1999 with 37% and Discontinued 5 years with 13%. That's how I see it at least.

Ummm, looks to me as if there was a 32 to 17 vote FOR a vintage section...
Just the variation of what vintage was to be used is the option now and that would be Pre-2003

I know I am late to the party on this one, but is this really that big of a deal? :blink:

What harm can come from adding another section?

Add it, wipe your tears of sadness or joy away and move on...

And with only 49 votes cast out of a membership currently standing at 1870 members, surely the overwhelming majority vote is that no-one cares enough to vote either way on the subject of a Vintage Section.

Or, to put it another way, 1821 members voted "Meh".

haha

:wink:

I'm really torn on this one...I don't want to just keep adding sections when things have a place to be put now because then people become confused. The biggest thing right now is the overlap between sections if this was created. :confused:

I like the idea of a vintage section but I also understand its just one more thing to look through but.... aaaaa well..... that's what the search feature is for. Personally I rarely go in the the individual sections, I just hit the new post button or search what i am looking to find.

Can the Vintage section (Pre - 2003) be created for a trial period (60-90 days)? I think this way everyone would be happy and the future of the section can be determined at that point. I am not sure of the process involved to move threads around between sections (seems like it would be a pain in the azz).

The poll results proved to be inconclusive. To reach a mutual satisfaction...set it up on a trial basis and then see how it goes? Maybe then we can have a poll to say "Should we keep the Vintage Section.....YES or NO". LOL

Just a thought!

I assume creating the section is work, and moving the threads into other sections to close it would be work, and the act of actual closure will be work.
It's ultimately OakleyBoss' decision, but a trial basis sounds like potentially way more work than just saying fk it and doing it.
It's either do it and keep it, or not, imho.

Personally I don't think a Vintage Section is necessary, but I'm not hugely bothered really either way. And 1800+ members apparently feel equally indifferent. What's the point?
It's up to OakleyBoss whether to do this work for the wants of 30-odd members.