1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. parris

parris Oakley Beginner

I saw yesterday that SI added Violet Iridium to their RX program. I called and spoke with CS and the rep stated that the base is more of an amber base and not grey. There's a thread where it was stated that the base of the Violet lens has been changed to grey. Does anyone have experience with the lens? Thank you

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyTrader15

OakleyTrader15 Oakley Collector

I always thought the violet was grey base. I looked at my Holbrook with violet and they are grey
    Maybe the CS gave the wrong info?

3. Bosoxyacht

Bosoxyacht Oakley Expert

I have violet lenses for my Flak 2.0. It is definitely an light amber base tint.

4. GT1977

GT1977 Oakley Beginner

I picked up a pair of spare Sapphire lenses for my jawbreakers and they are dark violet - definitely the amber tint, but its quite a dark lens. Really liking it.

5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

My violet polar lenses are over a year old and cut from BT donors. Amber base.

Sapphire is different...

6. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I think they are a grey base, and the iridium makes it look funky. Like ruby

7. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

The ones in IH Juliets are most definitely not a grey base - it's the same base as fire, but without the sort of coppery tone you can get at the back of fire lenses.

Edit: just dug out my Julian Wilson Holbrooks and those aren't a grey base either, but the same amber/green base as they are on IH Juliets.

8. Gecko

Gecko Oakley Collector Premium Member

Never seen a grey base violet lens and i have owned and still do a large number of them.

9. parris

parris Oakley Beginner

Thanks everyone for the responses. Given what cs and you've said I may very well order up a set of these for my Flaks. Thanks again :)