• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Violet Iridium changes?

parris

Oakley Beginner
I saw yesterday that SI added Violet Iridium to their RX program. I called and spoke with CS and the rep stated that the base is more of an amber base and not grey. There's a thread where it was stated that the base of the Violet lens has been changed to grey. Does anyone have experience with the lens? Thank you

I always thought the violet was grey base. I looked at my Holbrook with violet and they are grey
Maybe the CS gave the wrong info?

I have violet lenses for my Flak 2.0. It is definitely an light amber base tint.

I picked up a pair of spare Sapphire lenses for my jawbreakers and they are dark violet - definitely the amber tint, but its quite a dark lens. Really liking it.

The ones in IH Juliets are most definitely not a grey base - it's the same base as fire, but without the sort of coppery tone you can get at the back of fire lenses.

Edit: just dug out my Julian Wilson Holbrooks and those aren't a grey base either, but the same amber/green base as they are on IH Juliets.

Never seen a grey base violet lens and i have owned and still do a large number of them.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Given what cs and you've said I may very well order up a set of these for my Flaks. Thanks again :)

Back