• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Violet Iridium Lenses

Could be wrong but i remember seeing they break it up by different categories based on what the lenses are effective for. Protection index 1 being for the sunniest conditions and each number higher being for less bright uses.

Violet lenses are the lighter version of Fire. Both have that darkish green, almost olive base lens, that are high contrast. Fire is darker and better equipped for sunnier, brighter days. While Violet is still semi dark, its more for cloudy, overcast, or light sun days. I wear Violet in a lot of things on cloudier days and love them as an alternative to bronze, and love the way it looks as well.

I personally dont get headaches from it, and am sorry for anyone that does.

Could be wrong but i remember seeing they break it up by different categories based on what the lenses are effective for. Protection index 1 being for the sunniest conditions and each number higher being for less bright uses.
You actually have that switched. 3 would be for bright conditions and 0/1 would be for indoors/night/cloudy outdoor conditions.

See I knew I was wrong. That makes me right, right? Thanks for clearing that up batwolf.

Hi all,
I am deciding the tint in my next sunglasses (Eyepatch 2 or Fuel Cell), and I can't decide between Violet iridium or some non iridium Warm gray or Gray polarized.
I really like how violet iridium looks, but I am not sure about UV protection and about light transmission. I wear sunglasses always when I am out, and I don't want to let too much sun in and sacrifice eye protection.

Hi all,
I am deciding the tint in my next sunglasses (Eyepatch 2 or Fuel Cell), and I can't decide between Violet iridium or some non iridium Warm gray or Gray polarized.
I really like how violet iridium looks, but I am not sure about UV protection and about light transmission. I wear sunglasses always when I am out, and I don't want to let too much sun in and sacrifice eye protection.
Go iridium for sure for the best protection. If you don't want violet go with a black iridium.

Any oakley lens has the same from a protection stand point, Just matters of the base colors of the lens for the contrast or dark/lightness you prefer. If you like the violet it will do just as good as any of the ones you mentioned.

Back