• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Visionary Lenses - In Depth Review

Oakley's polarization is still better. They will completely black out my computer screen, but the VL's still have a little light coming through (still way better than cheap "polarized" sunglasses you find in stores and comparable to my Ray Bans). I doubt it matters much, and I personally don't like polarized anyway. The only thing I actually don't like about their lenses is that they are much darker than advertised. They are supposed to be 17%, which is what I prefer, but they are darker than my polarized Black iridium lenses, which are only 9% according to Oakley.

Just wanted to give some input after wearing these around today. It was cloudy but patches of sun would come through that were unusually bright. The lenses handled it very well. They are very dark, I would estimate in the 8-10% range and the polarization is very nice.

As far as clarity, I would have to say it's just below if not equal with Oakley's lenses. I didn't feel any eye strain or get any headaches.

I want to see how they compare to oakley lenses with the tests that they do in the Rolling O Lab. I think in there the differences would be very apparent, especially in the strength tests.

For the price, you can't really complain. While Oakley Polarized Lenses go for over $80 most of the time, something that is comparable at a fraction of the cost is still very appealing and a definite positive. Again, the only time I would opt for these is in a situation like Brip said.

I would definitely get these for Frogskins, Juliets, X-Squareds, Romeo's and any of the other frames that don't have lenses readily available. Plus they plan on releasing a lot of wire lenses.

I want to see how they compare to oakley lenses with the tests that they do in the Rolling O Lab. I think in there the differences would be very apparent, especially in the strength tests.

They are polycarbonate lenses, the O-Lab tests are basically comparing Oakley's polycarbonate lenses to to glass and allyl diglycol carbonate lenses used by most manufacturers. Any polycarbonate lens will yield similar results.

They are polycarbonate lenses, the O-Lab tests are basically comparing Oakley's polycarbonate lenses to to glass and allyl diglycol carbonate lenses used by most manufacturers. Any polycarbonate lens will yield similar results.

Yes, but different density Polycarbonates perform differently.. have you seen "Revision Eyewear" and their military grade safety sunglasses? they took a shotgun blast, which tore through oakley lenses! theres a video on youtube.

Latest Posts

Back