• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Visionary Lenses - In Depth Review

What's up guys!
I just wanted to share my personal input.

I bought a pair of Visionary Lenses Polarized Silver Replacement Lenses For Oakley Romeo 2.

They are for my brother and according to him:
--- they are polarized cause he sees rainbows.
--- they seem to a little bit harder to clean.
--- they are darker compared to his original Oakley Black Iridium Lenses.
--- he'd definitely buy VL again, when the need arises.

$(KGrHqN,!nME63S98CJ-BO6U)p8EgQ~~60_3.JPG

What's up guys!

I'm curious as to what is meant by that statement. If the lenses are dispersing the light like a prism that is not desirable. Unless he's just talking about the wavy look of certain glass and reflecting bodies.

What's up guys!
I just wanted to share my personal input.

I bought a pair of Visionary Lenses Polarized Silver Replacement Lenses For Oakley Romeo 2.

--- they seem to a little bit harder to clean.
--- they are darker compared to his original Oakley Black Iridium Lenses.
--- he'd definitely buy VL again, when the need arises.

$(KGrHqN,!nME63S98CJ-BO6U)p8EgQ~~60_3.JPG

i just bought a pair of those to stand in for my Romeo2's as well, till i can find decently priced originals.aftermarket lenses usually doesnt have hydrophobic so its harder to wipe oils and watermarks off.

I'm curious as to what is meant by that statement. If the lenses are dispersing the light like a prism that is not desirable. Unless he's just talking about the wavy look of certain glass and reflecting bodies.

im sure he meant the rainbow effect in windows etc that you get with polarised lenses.. although i think the better way to check is if it blocks the plane polarised light from an LCD screen.

I have 4 or 5 pairs of these for my 1st Gen Juliet. The reason I bought these aftermarket lenses is that it wouldn't hurt so much in case I damage them. VL's are definitely much thinner than the Oakley's. It does not come close to Oakley's clarity.

It also doesn't feel right having fake lenses on my Oakley's. To me, it's like having a mercedes with a toyota engine. It just does not feel right.

Just my .02

I have 4 or 5 pairs of these for my 1st Gen Juliet. The reason I bought these aftermarket lenses is that it wouldn't hurt so much in case I damage them. VL's are definitely much thinner than the Oakley's. It does not come close to Oakley's clarity.

It also doesn't feel right having fake lenses on my Oakley's. To me, it's like having a mercedes with a toyota engine. It just does not feel right.

Just my .02

I find it funny you say this but still have 5 pairs of fakes. This was somebody just trying to help others out

Crappy picture but you can see the difference.

I also just applied the Hydrophobic solution on these, worked like a champ.

my question is how in the world did u take a picture while holding 2 sunglasses in ur hands? or is it top secret

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a bit disappointed that the VL Ice lenses I bought for my Juliets are contrast and not neutral shaded. Changes everything and I'm not a big fan. Wish they'd clarify which lens colors are Contrast vs. Neutral.

I bought a pair for my Jury's the 24K Gold ones. I don't have any problems with them at all, the color is blue when you look through them thought but I actually like it a lot. I will probably buy another set for the Jury since I just use them for driving, and I got mine for the minimum bid on Ebay 19.99. I had black iridium polarized in the Jury and the VL's are also polarized but they are quite different as the Oakley lenses are much better quality.

Back