• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Visiting A Vault While On Vacation ...

I didn't think they still got x metals at vaults.that's why I never journey to one since I'm trying to collect my zero's. I wonder what they chargeed for x metal?

I can tell you that they bought one pair at legit MSRP, then got the second pair HALF OFF - $139 for a couple. This person bought two new at MSRP & got two at half price, then banged a fifth at MSRP, just for good measure.

I bought the USA Fuel Cell's yesterday at full price & got the Blender's at half off. Even the hat & bags were marked down to $7 & $20 versus $10 & $28.

So yes, Vault's DO get XM's in from time to time, &, yes, I did get friendly enough that I told him I am likely to move to the area & that I might start calling & whatnot, & he noted was fine with that.

I'll be 100% truthful, ... essentially one pair of XM's is enough for me .. I'd really love a full pair of sealed, unopened, XMXS someday, ... but I am into other stuff that is often hard to get, but that I have learned is still floating around out there. So like the one Member said here, I would grab one pair, & leave the rest, unfortunately the next person would likely grab a ton of them to flog on eBay for sure, ... & I will never make an apology for really having a problem with that.

Used to goto the Gunwharf years ago when i lived in Gosport.. bought my first pair of Oakley trainers from there, Aaahhh,,good times :)

Some of the stuff that ends up in there is insane if you know what you are looking for. Better than most vaults I've ever been to in the US. They had some incredible bargains on frogskins a couple of weeks ago, just having a brief chat with the staff they usually last about 5 minutes!

So I found a vault 50 miles from me and went there today (got some sick factory lites) but I tried your approach of wearing x squareds and no one noticed them... Disappointing. I did strike up conversation though and got a good deal, but no x metal stuff they had seen for over a year. I asked about pitbosses even, nothin! But did find out about employee discounts on watches and might try to bribe someone soon ;)

Back