• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Visiting O Stores...

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
In the last couple months I visited the O stores in Gurnee, Mall of American and two stores in O'Hare airport. Out of all of them the two in the airport terminals were the best IMO. They had more gadgets than clothes and seemed better/newer glasses and watches. They had a designer kitchen sink back pack that I had not seen in Gurnee or Minneapolis and they had the Pit Boss II which I had not seen in the other stores either. So anyway after looking at the price of glasses I am curious why anyone who collects would buy glasses at the O stores when you could find them Online, Ebay, cheaper?

I buy directly from Oakley just for the fact that I am getting the product that is no doubt authentic.

sometimes it's just nice to be able to walk in and walk out with your purchase...no waiting around for delivery, customs hassles etc.

That being said, I very very very rarely will pay retail in a store. I am hunting for the deals.

Price mainly. There are dozens of eBay sellers with reliable reputations as authentic sellers. These same sellers have return policies that allow me to make returns if I don't like a pair, they don't fit or if I have the slightest doubt about authenticity. And with that and being able to save anywhere from 40% to 70% off the out the door taxed retail price? I wouldn't buy Oakley's if I had to pay retail-period. They're overpriced by at least 30% IMO even for a luxury item like eyewear. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of O Stores-I find most have selection that is wanting and I have yet to find an O Store with staff I like. I know, they're job is sales and I despise being "sold" on something, especially something I know more about than most employees do-but part of that is California, I find other regions of the country have a more laid back attitude in retail in general.

Latest Posts

Back