• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VL Lens Review

Thanks Marc2040 Is the Silver Ice lens the one on the right which looks like Black Iridium and the Ice Blue the last pic which looks purple?

Yes, all these lenses are VL.
The Silver Ice has a bit more chrome shine than the Black Iridium.
The Ice Blue has a fading from blue to purple, but I would say more purple.

Does anyone have any Plasma Purple, Ice Blue, Silver Ice or Emerald Green ones mounted. If so can I see some pics. Don't know if the pics on the VL site are true representatives of the colors in real life.

Here's the Emerald Green ones
0FB13E3B-FAA2-403A-B666-FBA2FF57E964-3625-000001DDEB2E9156.jpg

And here's the Ice Blue ones in my Frogs
99B6F378-2B2B-4D95-AE47-CAA22E70373D-3625-000001DDF06ABA3B.jpg

Wow, those look nice SpeakForYou! Do they change colors in the sunlight? I see the Emerald showing a hint of blue. I'm considering the VL's since they use a grey base lens. I had a couple of Fire Iridium Radar lenses which look awesome from the front but I couldn't get used to the orange looking base lens.

Honestly, why buy those when Ice and Jade are available? I know the VL is temping price wise but when good Oakley lens options are available...

Honestly, why buy those when Ice and Jade are available? I know the VL is temping price wise but when good Oakley lens options are available...

I know what your saying Bat but, some people can't just pop into a O Store/Vault to buy some lenses and you can't (as far as I know) buy custom lenses for certain frames i.e. Frogs in the UK. Personally if I could get Oakley lenses for my Frogs that's all I would use.

Once again, I'm not paying 150+ for lenses for my Romeo.

Why post in this thread if that's all you have to say? :deadhorse:

Wow, those look nice SpeakForYou! Do they change colors in the sunlight? I see the Emerald showing a hint of blue. I'm considering the VL's since they use a grey base lens. I had a couple of Fire Iridium Radar lenses which look awesome from the front but I couldn't get used to the orange looking base lens.

Haven't used the green ones yet because they don't look right in any of my frames lols.

Back