1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

Anyone have any experience with VL replacement lenses? I need a new pair of lenses for a pair of matte clear 1st gen straight jackets, and they seem like the only option.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

3. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

I've had some of the yellow gold lenses for some Hijinx. Did not like the colour thru the lens at all, far too grey. I'd be very careful as to the colour base you choose if you go with VL.

4. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

If it's your only option, it's not a bad route to go.

I picked up a pair of chrome (black iridium) lenses for my jawbone and while they were decent, they're no where near what OEM lenses are. Clarity is a big thing for me and the VL lenses aren't up to par with Oakely. But just as i said, if it's your only option, it's not a bad option.

5. pirucas

pirucas Oakley Beginner

VL guys are calling those lenses "1st Gen" but in fact they are for the second frame.
    I have a real 1st gen 1997 Pearl White w/ Black Iridium Straight Jacket and bought from them a pair but it didn't fit. they were great and accepted the return and changed for other pair for other frame.

before you buy, try to contact them by facebook or ebay to clear it.