1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

I'm sure everyone here knows about these....well I ordered 2 pair and I am surprisingly happy with what I received. I ordered Polarized Violet for my Plasma Frames and Dark Ruby for my X Metal Juliet frames....The way they arrived was a nice surprise. Each lens in a foam sleeve inside a microbag. With that a T6 Torx driver was included. Not bad for $45 shipped for 2 pairs of lenses......just thought I'd share.....
    VL Lenses....... - photo16-2.jpg
    VL Lenses....... - photo13-1.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

Hurry up and mount them so we can see.

3. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Both Juliet frames are headed out west soon for a tuneup at HQ....as soon as they return I will post pics complete with lenses. Hope to get DG Mods gaskets soon as well....undecided on stem rubber....thinking black.....but maybe shock and pads will change.....waiting for IH rubber to become available for my Plasma/Violet!

4. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

My only issue with VL that keeps me buying Exovista is that all VL lenses are 18% light transmission. I have no idea why they do that...but there's no way I can wear a lens that lets in that much light...16% on standard Fire is pushing it as it is.

5. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Are you sure? My Ice Chrome polarized lenses were darker than Black Iridium.

6. ucdavis4PT0gpa

According to all of the VL listings on eBay, they are 18% transmission. But if yours were that dark, I'll message them and find out for sure.

7. Batwolf

8. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Interesting. They should probably fix that...I mean, I have not purchased their product a number of times because of that. I'll see if I can't find out the lowdown from them and post it here. As it is now I don't need any aftermarket lenses except maybe for my Splice and wouldn't you know it VL doesn't make anything for them.

9. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Now that I've dug into reviews and feedback I think I'm still.inclined towards Exovista. for some reason VL has a large number of neutral or negative feedbacks related to coatings peeling and blurry or distortion vision....no such pattern exists in the Exovista feedback

10. Batwolf

I've never tried Exovista so I can't say.