• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VL Lenses.......

They do get great color tone on the lenses though....Dyeraudio-what does the transmission rate look like on those two you purchased....might just spend $20 to try out a pair...maybe the Violet for one of my X Squared frames

I haven't mounted my lenses yet....My X Metal and Plasma frames are heading to HQ as we speak! The only thing that really swayed me to VL was the price. Exovista allows 12% while VL allows 18%.....My Polarized Violet were $20 and my Dark Ruby's were $25....Exovistas are quite a bit more...like double.....and VL offers more color choices....so for the the 6% difference in light allowance I went with VL....Keep in mind that Chicago is not NEAR as sunny as California...so the need for more blockage is not as important to me.

Well....just got a message back from VL that their lenses are all 18%. Message said that some lens colors may SEEM darker due to colored tints but that true transmission is still 18%. That pretty much decides it for me--if I add another XS and want something other than the stock combo its either OEM at retail cost (for some reason replacement XS lenses have never made it to the secondary market in any quantity) or Exovista which only has a few colors up from time to time (Liquid Metal, Ruby Quartz, Jade). I will be looking forward to Dyeraudio's mounted in the frame pics though...the lenses look really nice.

As a side note the message back from VL was very nice, detailed and professional...Exovista has always been really great in that regard too.

How could something appear darker and not be? That makes no sense.

Ha ha ha. I thought the same thing....this the body of the message...

"We have our lenses checked regularly to ensure the proper light transmission. All our mirror coated lenses are 18%. Sometimes some of the other colors can seem a darker, even though they are still 18%, because they cause a colored tint, but this will not be the case with the silver as it retains a black/gray tint".

Back