• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VL Lenses.......

You can argue this however you like, but using Non-Oakley lenses on an Oakley frame is wrong. It defeats the purpose of Oakley. Once you replace the lenses, your no longer really wearing a pair of Oakleys. It's like replacing the engine from a Ferrari, with one of a Saturn.

You can argue this however you like, but using Non-Oakley lenses on an Oakley frame is wrong. It defeats the purpose of Oakley. Once you replace the lenses, your no longer really wearing a pair of Oakleys. It's like replacing the engine from a Ferrari, with one of a Saturn.

If you want to argue about it, stop posting. Posting the same line in multiple threads trying to get people to see the light is a bit rude.

If Oakley offered lenses for old glasses or custom orders for their entire color line I doubt we'd be seeing so much talk about aftermarket companies.

I bought some VL replacement lenses off ebay for 30 something dollars for my Dispatch glasses. They look dope but the glasses hurt my eyes. Im going to put my OEM lenses back on and them, the VL look good and fit perfect and even come with extra sunglasses cleaing bag, but for me there not worth it, lesson learned.

Ok guys...got both frames back....here are the VL Polarized Violet and VL Ruby installed in X Metal frames....For the price I am very happy...I wear my glasses everyday....so for $45 its all good!

photo35-1.jpg

photo34-1.jpg

Attachments

• photo35-1.jpg
    photo35-1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 168
  • photo34-1.jpg
    photo34-1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 146
been thinking about picking up a new pair of holbrook lenses, but for the price I am thinking it is worth spending the little extra and getting the O-lenses, although i may have to pick up the emerald lens from VL.

sorry if this has been covered in other post, but I recently purchased the 24K gold and blue polarized VL lenses for a set of square wires. The color of the gold and blue is really beautiful but there is a HUGE diffence between the light transmission of the two. The blue lens are probably close to the advertised spec of 18% and have a grayish tint, but the gold lens are WAY darker and have more of a bronze tint. The golds are way to dark to be used in most circumstances. I've contacted VL to see if they offer the gold in a lighter tint.

Latest Posts

Back