• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VL Replacement Lenses

Rich B

Oakley Beginner
I ordered some VL replacement lenses for some Sideways frames, and what came was called Revant. The lenses fit with no problem, but I have not tried them out in the great outdoors yet so I cannot talk about quality. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting the VLs off of eBay. I will post a review soon after the weather clears up here.

Interesting- I'd come across those "revant" lenses in my searches, but wasn't sure if they were some new company as I'd never seen them mentioned here.

I'm still on a quest to find a good aftermarket Ruby lens.

I will take some pics in a day or two, but the Revant lenses are not worth it. I would send them back if I was in the States, but it is not worth my time to do so from China. They are thin and creak in the frames, the curve is not right or even close to original. The color is OK, but the mere fact that they are not even the same company as I thought I was ordering from has to be a red flag.

I still have yet to wear them outside since it is raining in Beijing today, but I call these a loss. If there is a market for lenses, maybe we should send e-mails to Oakley and try to get them to support older frames. I don't like this having to buy off brand lenses. If Oakley wants to be known for their optics, they should support their older things.

No pics yet, but Revant lenses are garbage. Looking through them is a journey into blindness. The colors are off and things are blurry. It sort of feels like being really drunk when putting them on. Again, I have to say that Oakley should support older frames, just so they can keep the reputation.

I thought I had read from some people here that VL was a solid option for aftermarket lenses? Was considering them for my recent FC purchase. Did they change recently or were they never very good to begin with? Any alternative aftermarket recommendations?

I use VL lens for my Eyepatch. I've been using it for about a year now and so far, there's no problems.

I think if you use a VL lens with iridium coating, it will not last long. I tried one for my Batwolf, and after 2 months, there's a lot of scratches.

I once bought VL polarized for my Oil Drums, the fit was brilliant but they didnt last long in the frames. The lenses distorted the colours giving rainbow effects all over the place causing me migraines.
A great shame because the yellow iridium looked fantastic in the polished black frames.

I tried VL in my split jackets as a polarized option. After I started wearing them for a few days I got little headaches from looking through them

Back