• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VR28 Black Iridium Vs. Dark Bronze?

MikeyLNG

Oakley Beginner
Currently I have a pair of Holbrooks with VR28 black Iridium polarized lenses for everyday use . I'm thinking of selling them and getting dark bronze instead (tried finding just the lenses, couldn't), because:
1. Polarized lenses are a bit more hassle than I first thought for everyday use since they mess with screens and monitors, which just makes things look weird when out and about. It also means I can't look through the viewfinder of my camera.
2. I didn't realise they'd be so rosey in colour. I have a pair of cheap Polaroid sunglasses (P4039A) I use in my car, and that tint is a lot more appealing.

My main concerns on the dark bronze are how visible my eyes will be from the outside in most situations, and how dark and how comfortable the lenses are to look through for long periods of time. It's one of the rarer lens options as I haven't been able to find any examples in any stores near me, so if any of you have first hand experience it would be much appreciated.

I really wish there was a bronze/dark bronze iridium lens. I understand they used to offer it in the past, but no more :(

My choice is basically determined by what lenses Oakley offer for the Holbrook (going off the custom sunglasses maker). I don't have the skills or patience to cut down my own lenses from larger ones, and I'm not a huge fan of the funkier lens colours, so bearing that in mind, and the reasons for going against polarized lenses I mentioned in the first post, my only option is the dark bronze really.

with dark bronze -eyes visible in some lighting I had a pair of SJ 2's with them but went with Titanium, Gold and VR28 Black in them I can't wear polarized They give me migraines but I like the vr28 black regular lens a lot

you might also consider Titanium iridium for a brown based lens that is very all-purpose.
I also love OO black iridium as it is slightly rose but very all purpose

Back