• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VR28 Black Iridium vs VR 28 Black Iridum Polarized

Maldoror

Oakley Beginner
They are different to look though. But are they different to look at? I own a pair with both these lenses and to me the polarized seems fractionally darker to look at, but there's not much in it. These are on different frames meaning the lens shape could be playing a part and this is perhaps not a fair test. Thoughts? Are polarized versions always slightly darker then un-polarized to look at?

Polarized makes the lens darker, yes, but specifically with VR28 BI and BIP you're going from an 18% lens, which is essentially just VR28 with a heavy iridium to bring it down 10%, to a 10% lens which is almost as big of a jump from VR28 to VR28BI.

The polarized filter addition is typically a 1-2% drop in transmission for sun lenses, but Oakley is all over the map with the actual amount. VR28P (no iridium) is 14-16% lens, and absolutely fantastic, but that's a huge jump in transmission levels compared to Grey (18%) to Grey Polarized (17%).

Thank you, very informative post. I really do enjoy both lenses, although for me the polarized gets the nod. My favourites to look though - although I haven't tried daily Prizm yet

Forgive a newb but what's the difference in black iridum, black iridum polar and the vr 28's
Black iridium and BIP are the same lense to LOOK at but BIP is 1% darker,both are a nuetural grey base lense..VR28 BIP is a contrast lense with a rose/amberish hue which makes things really pop

almost deciding start a new thread but...
after searching some say vr28 bip also gives more contrast
my question is the difference between that one compared to dailyprizm
thanks

Back