• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vr28 Blue Iridium -new Lens Opinions

Love them. VR28, but a little darker and handles glare better.

IMG_1060.jpg

2012-06-21065929.jpg

This is the current Blue Iridium. It's not technically called VR28 Blue Iridium.

This is the third(?) iteration of Blue. The original, which was a blue lens on grey base, like ice should be. There's another referenced on O-Review with amber base. Then this one.

haha ok so basically just a better blue iridium. cool thanks

I ve tried them both in clay target shooting and the VR 28 makes better contrast in the orange colour.
But apart from that the normal blue iridium seems more cool to me.

This is the current Blue Iridium. It's not technically called VR28 Blue Iridium.

This is the third(?) iteration of Blue. The original, which was a blue lens on grey base, like ice should be. There's another referenced on O-Review with amber base. Then this one.
oh right, because i saw a listing under the lenses that specifically say VR28 Blue Iridium. So its just the current regular Blue Iridium?

Yes. If you go to Oakley.com/innovation/lens tints or whatever the link is, click on Blue Iridium, it says in the description "VR28 base"

Here are the previous versions. Borrowed from O-Review.

Amber base (unless that's just the reflection, not completely sure since it's a Mumbo, but I didn't think Heater was offered with Mumbo-branded frames... not too sure)

Grey base

Last edited by a moderator:
ah i see thanks for that rustie. i also notice old blue iridium had thicker/darker iridium coatings. i kinda like that. i have a pair of the first blue iridium lenses on my vintage Juliets (JB serial). thanks for the clarification!

Back