1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. NW Oakley Fan

NW Oakley Fan Oakley Beginner

Thinking about picking up a King's Camo Radar. Can someone describe what conditions the VR28 lenses are intended to be use in? Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

Overcast, low light, foggy days, dusk or dawn. Not well suited for bright sun.

3. NW Oakley Fan

NW Oakley Fan Oakley Beginner

alright cool thank you!

4. bigdog425

bigdog425 Oakley Beginner

so perfect for us NW people!!

5. spin_nin

spin_nin Oakley Expert

I respectfully disagree. Well, the Polarized VR28 Black Iridium is well suited to all conditions IMO. They are my favorite lenses.

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

VR28 Black Irdium Polarized is a 9% (or 10%?) lens, which is about as low as Oakley goes. Standard VR28 is 28%, which can be worn in the sun, but it's better suited to days where the sun is staying behind fluffy clouds.

Some days you look outside and the sun's not out, then you walk outside and you still have to kind of squint even though it's not that bright - those are VR28 days.

VR50 can be worn indoors and is much better for low light, I think VR28 is a little dark for inside or dark/rainy days.

When buying a VR28 lens, be sure which version you're buying. VR28, VR28 black iridium, VR28 blue iridium, VR28 polarized, VR28 black iridium polarized.

7. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Perfect discription for its usage.

The VR28 lens is perfect for over here in the UK. It always makes things look brighter.

8. CrAzY

CrAzY Oakley Beginner

That's good info there!

I have VR28 Black Iridium on a pair of Flak Jackets and I really wish I had VR28 Black Iridium Polarized; VR28-BI lenses are great, but driving home when the sun is out in Southern California can be blinding at times, the glare off of some cars' windows and accents is painful. But for the SoCal June-Gloom (overcast and thick marine layer), the VR28-BI's are great!

9. TheKid24

TheKid24 Oakley Beginner

I have a pair of the kings camo vr28 custom.. I don't want them lol

10. law_dawg35

law_dawg35 Oakley Beginner

I use the VR28 for walking through woods and what not, when the sun is blocked by trees. Gives a good contrast. I switch between Shallow Blue Iridium Polarized and VR28 Polarized for fishin...