1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MugenPWR

MugenPWR Oakley Beginner

Hey guys, let me preface that i am not a huge frogskins person and just started getting into them. The VR46 is my second pair of frogs and i got them off of ebay for a close to standard price.

They came in a white cardboard oakley box and everything looks pretty legit, but all of the unboxings i've seen on youtube come with the traditional clear plastic box. Is there a discrepancy in packaging for the frogskins, or am i missing something?

pic i instagrammed earlier:
    VR46 Authenticity? - 4poHxkA.jpg

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. tmsnewberry

tmsnewberry Oakley Enthusiast

They are legit, Oakley has gone away from the clear plastic boxes. The use the one you received as well as a black one with white lettering now.

MugenPWR and jonoyong like this.
  3. MugenPWR

MugenPWR Oakley Beginner

thats relieving to hear! i appreciate it. seems like frogskins frame my face better than any other pair, and i'm surprised it took me this long to really hop on board

4. brookiewook

brookiewook Oakley Beginner

All limited/special editions come in a white box and everything else comes in the black. At least thats what they are planning to do if its not like that already.

5. Dirtix

Dirtix Oakley Beginner

my box for the frogs VR46 was clear transparent. no white.

6. tmsnewberry

tmsnewberry Oakley Enthusiast

The box switch was recent.

7. Dirtix

Dirtix Oakley Beginner

Ok thanks so all box frogs special ├ędition are white and others are black ?!... ok ;)