• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Walleva Lenses and Earsocks?

Zoah

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,
I'm working on an M Frame project at the moment and am looking into aftermarket lenses. I was looking at emerald hybrid lenses and was wondering if anyone had any insight into Walleva and/or Visionary lenses (which I know is affiliated with the site but also doesn't have as many lens color options). I'm also looking into earsocks and the like in case they differ from the unobtanium version too much.

Thanks,
Zoah

I've had two sets of Walleva lenses, and both were solid quality. Had a pair of VL/Revant and had to return them due to quality issues.

I tried Revant/VL first and had the quality issue, and was hesitant to try Walleva as well. Got a pair of HI Yellow lenses for my Flak's and they were solid, so tried a pair of Ice for a custom Antix project. They're really pretty good. Just got a pair of HI Yellow for a new Fast Jacket I'm getting that will be here next week as well. If you're going to try something besides OEM and looking for a low price option, I'd recommend Walleva.

I did a few restorals of old Oakleys. I could get various people to cut the lenses, but since I'll never wear them I decided that non OEM would be fine. I've tried Walleva, Revant, Sunglass Restorer (Spanish Based Company), Infinissemo, and Z-Lens.

Revant is garbage. You can feel it immediately in their lenses. It's the only one of the several I've ordered that have had fitting issues. Their lenses are a cheap, cheap... cheap plastic and feel just like that. Think crappy poker chips from the dollar store feel.

Walleva is surprisingly not bad for their price. As much as people dog on them, it's a good replacement if you're just displaying, or if you're not a serious collector. Or if you plan on going out and getting active with your expensive Oakleys and don't wanna damage some expensive OEM lenses. Their rubber replacement kits aren't bad either.

Sunglass Restorer (SR) is pretty great. They have a lot of lenses that not even Walleva or Revant cover, various colors of eye jacket lenses, etc. The fit was perfect, the clarity was pretty nice.

Infinnissemo is a little thin, but the colors are gorgeous, fit has always worked

Z-Lens is the best aftermarket lens. Unfortunately the guy only cuts for a few types of glasses, like the A Wires and Juliets. The colors are all gorgeous, and if you have to go aftermarket and you're looking for one of those replacements.. go with this guy.

And of course... OEM is always the best.

I've been trying to get lenses for a set of a wire 2.0 and original wiretaps but the lenses arrive too thick to fit in the frames. There's a chamfer cut on the original lenses but not as deep a chamfer on the replacements. I've tried walleva and z lens and none of them fit. Any ideas?

I dunno anything about A Wires, but I noticed when I was looking at Z Lens products that he specifically lists some as "Thick" A wire, and "Thin". I have no idea what the differences are, and don't know if that means anything for you.

Back