• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warm grey vs dark grey lenses

joscejrod

Oakley Beginner
Hello, could anyone that has tried warm grey and dark grey comparing both? I'm decidind between enduro 9223-08 and sliver 9262-03. Thanks a lot!

Warm grey has a slight rose"ish" tint to it, while dark grey is just dark grey(almost has a dark green hue to it). I have and use both in a couple frames, if I had to pick one it would be warm grey. It does not feel as dark as the other even though they have the same light transmission. Warm grey doesn't hide your eyes as well in some light, so it doesn't look as "cool", but is more functional IMO.

Warm grey has a slight rose"ish" tint to it, while dark grey is just dark grey(almost has a dark green hue to it). I have and use both in a couple frames, if I had to pick one it would be warm grey. It does not feel as dark as the other even though they have the same light transmission. Warm grey doesn't hide your eyes as well in some light, so it doesn't look as "cool", but is more functional IMO.

But i need the lenses for bright sunny enviroments...and i like lenses that not distorts colours like black iridium.

It doesn't distort colors much at all, I think they are both considered a neutral base. I use mine in sunny conditions; they still block the same amount of light, things just pop a little more.

It doesn't distort colors much at all, I think they are both considered a neutral base. I use mine in sunny conditions; they still block the same amount of light, things just pop a little more.

Between holbrook matte black/ice iridium, sliver matte brown tortoise/warm gray and enduro matte dark brown tortoise/dark grey, what would you buy to use at the beach?

Between holbrook matte black/ice iridium, sliver matte brown tortoise/warm gray and enduro matte dark brown tortoise/dark grey, what would you buy to use at the beach?
For the beach, I would go with the Ice. It has the same light transmission as the others, but also has an iridium coating to reflect some glare. The ice looks almost identical to black iridium when looking through. You might also consider polarized if you are going to be using it on/near the water. That is one of the times I really do prefer the polarized lenses.

I find Warm Grey to be pretty weak. It's like Grey, but as mentioned with a hint of rose. It sounds like it has a purpose for contrast, but to me it doesn't really do anything; arguably the opposite of making things pop and making them look bland instead.

Strictly in terms of frames I'd go for a Silver Enduro to offset the slim profile. I think the other one you listed was Tortoise?

I find Warm Grey to be pretty weak. It's like Grey, but as mentioned with a hint of rose. It sounds like it has a purpose for contrast, but to me it doesn't really do anything; arguably the opposite of making things pop and making them look bland instead.

Strictly in terms of frames I'd go for a Silver Enduro to offset the slim profile. I think the other one you listed was Tortoise?

Sliver or enduro are more comfortable than holbrook? I like these models..and i want to deciding between them.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back