1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. joscejrod

joscejrod Oakley Beginner

Hello, could anyone that has tried warm grey and dark grey comparing both? I'm decidind between enduro 9223-08 and sliver 9262-03. Thanks a lot!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. joscejrod

Any thoughts?

3. BHarry

BHarry The Eclectic Collector

Warm grey has a slight rose"ish" tint to it, while dark grey is just dark grey(almost has a dark green hue to it). I have and use both in a couple frames, if I had to pick one it would be warm grey. It does not feel as dark as the other even though they have the same light transmission. Warm grey doesn't hide your eyes as well in some light, so it doesn't look as "cool", but is more functional IMO.

4. joscejrod

But i need the lenses for bright sunny enviroments...and i like lenses that not distorts colours like black iridium.

5. BHarry

It doesn't distort colors much at all, I think they are both considered a neutral base. I use mine in sunny conditions; they still block the same amount of light, things just pop a little more.

6. joscejrod

Between holbrook matte black/ice iridium, sliver matte brown tortoise/warm gray and enduro matte dark brown tortoise/dark grey, what would you buy to use at the beach?

7. BHarry

For the beach, I would go with the Ice. It has the same light transmission as the others, but also has an iridium coating to reflect some glare. The ice looks almost identical to black iridium when looking through. You might also consider polarized if you are going to be using it on/near the water. That is one of the times I really do prefer the polarized lenses.

8. ptownphil

ptownphil Oakley Hoarder Premium Member

Ice. Im like Just For Men, I say no to grey:p

9. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I find Warm Grey to be pretty weak. It's like Grey, but as mentioned with a hint of rose. It sounds like it has a purpose for contrast, but to me it doesn't really do anything; arguably the opposite of making things pop and making them look bland instead.

Strictly in terms of frames I'd go for a Silver Enduro to offset the slim profile. I think the other one you listed was Tortoise?

10. joscejrod

Sliver or enduro are more comfortable than holbrook? I like these models..and i want to deciding between them.

Warm grey vs dark grey lenses - image.jpg