• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WARNING: Ebay Phishing Scam

When i logged in my paypal account there was no invoice but the link the seller sent me autonatically asked for my paypal username and password. I immediately forwarded the link to spoof@paypal.com and they confirmed that its not their site and it was really a phishing mail.

Im just trying to put the whole story together. He send you a message through ebay, not directly to your email, that is a paypal scam letter? The scam letter references the sunglasses in it? There were millions of random PP scam letters that went out a few years ago. None were ever directly tied to a member or item, just a random phishing letter about your account has been compromised. I would love to see a copy of said email.

Paypal has confirmed already that its a phishing scam as it was forwarded in their fraud department. ;)

As ive told you when i logged in my paypal
I couldnt view any money request or invoice.

See mister, i believe what paypal says its been reviewed by their fraud department already and they have sent me a confirmation that its a phishing scam.

Now tell me why would paypal tell such lies if thats what you are saying.

Anyhow, i am not that stupid not to understand what paypal says, if they say its a scam would you still pursue it? Maybe you but not me for sure :)
6CBAF219-D99A-48E2-B10E-E1985D14804E_zpsnkudkvpq.png

Last edited:
Im not saying you should try to pursue the glasses as they are long gone. What I am saying is that you came on here making an accusation about someone that I believe is not true. I do not know the seller but I have been around the block plenty of times and can sniff out a scam pretty quick. This does not look like one.

Why would they tell you it was a scam? Simple. PP who is owned by Ebay was about to get stiffed on 60-70 bucks worth of fees, thats why. Ebay clearly states not to conduct business off the website for that reason. The bottom of the email even says log into your account to pay. A scammer wouldnt have that in the email. At the top, does it address you by name or by PP user?

If I were the seller, and I got turned in by someone like yourself and it caused me problems, and trust me this will cause the seller problems, I would ban you from any future auctions.

Im done, believe what you want, I just hate seeing people get falsely accused of stuff.

Back