• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warning! Fake Minute Machines

Dantes

I should Work at Oakley
Sweden
In my hunt for a Minute Machine, I became uncareful, and bid on one on ebay without a thought about if there might be a fakes out there. It was only after I had paid for the item I started to do some research, and I immideately became suspicious of the watch I had just purchased. I sent a message to the seller, saying if it's fake, don't bother sending it, as I will open a case with Paypal if I receive a fake watch.

This is his reply, which makes it very obvious that he is selling fakes:

hello. watch I got as a gift from a friend, I have the same three years already and does not need next. in the auction are mije pictures and information that the question before buying and not after, also says it does not accept phrases. seen it? my watchmaker said he is original. I do not know what to do. I do not want problems

His watch makers says it's original... yeah right... I pointed out that he was lying, because he had sold many MM watches before, so I wasn't buying the "gift from a friend" crap. He then offered me a refund, so I lost nothing, but in his feeback I can see many people who has given positive feedback, unknowingly thinking they bought a genuine Oakley watch.

He has at least two MM colors, red and silver, and these seem to be extremly good fakes, almost impossible to tell. The only detail I have discovered is that for the red face MM, the fake has a red seconds indicator while the real one should have a white one.

These are his auctions:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Watch-O...itanium-Bracelet-Edition-SILVER-/121382367763

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Watch-O...e-Titanium-Bracelet-Edition-Red-/121391872437

In my research I came across this link which is probobly the source of these fakes:
http://www.watchesoppo.com/where-to-buy/replica-oakley-watches.html

After seeing that page, I'm going to be extremly cautious in the future when it comes to buying watches.

I don't see the point of buying a fake anything, I get that it looks good to other people unless they have an eye for the product...but when it comes down to it, you know you have a fake item!! How does that feel? To be fake haha. No way I would spend anywhere near $500 for a fake watch, wouldn't get the satisfaction and wouldn't even be supporting the brand you are trying to rep! Anyway, good lookin on the heads up as I am in the market for a MM here soon (or an orange face hollow point, they are too gorgeous!)

kudos to dantes for the effort and for sharing his experience..awareness is just half the battle but it is a step in the right direction..

It's one thing when you know you're buying a replica for a much cheaper price than the original. It's much worse what they are doing on ebay, selling the fake watches as if they were the real thing, and for the same price as an original would go for used. That's fraud. The problem of course is that these are such good replicas that a normal consumer can't tell the difference, as is evident by the sellers feedback. I'm pretty sure some people on this forum has a fake MM without knowing it.

Definitely will be very weary of buying any MM from eBay now, it's a bummer people are selling fakes as real oakley products

Carguy, when you say you're glad originals are serialized, does that mean these fakes do not have serial numbers on them but the originals do? Where can the serial number be found on the watch?

Definitely will be very weary of buying any MM from eBay now, it's a bummer people are selling fakes as real oakley products

Carguy, when you say you're glad originals are serialized, does that mean these fakes do not have serial numbers on them but the originals do? Where can the serial number be found on the watch?

I think he meant the TBs are serialized

Back