• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warning! Using PayPal on a credit card.

mjt42

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
UK
If you use a credit card to pay for PayPal purchases be aware that you lose your valuable 'section 75' rights in case of any problems.

Have a look at this Warning! Don’t use paypal to pay on a credit card: You’re losing valuable section 75 rights - MSE

If you are aware if what 'section 75' rights are you may need to scroll down to see the relevant bit where the PayPal problem arrises.

Disclaimer; may only apply in UK - please check for your own country.

thanks for the heads up!

Is that still the case with PayPal since that time? I'm trying to use a credit card more and more, but I wouldn't like to mess up section 75 as I have a mortgage to pay off and it would complicate things unwillingly. It was a great deal getting this loan for my house near the beach thanks to an awesome mortgage broker Liverpool who took the time to explore all possibilities based on my pocket depth. Imagine losing a rate that's stable for the next 25 years for a dumb purchase made with a credit card through a Paypal transaction.
Which broker?! My pocket depth is shallow, too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mahalo for the heads up.

I also think that, if you use a credit card to pay for something through Paypal, there will be a delay in payment to the seller. I think that's happened to me with a couple sellers here on the OF. When you're on Paypal and about to send money to someone, there's a part where PayPal asks where money is coming from. And if they have any credit cards on file, they will be on that list of options. And I did that a couple of times by accident.

I used a CC to purchase something from Germany. The company wouldnt take US cards. But they took Paypal.
So I used the card, The very expensive ($4800) item gets held up in customs because the company didnt provide the right paperwork. The company ignored me. Filed a paypal claim and they ignored Paypal. So paypal gave me money back.

I used a CC to purchase something from Germany. The company wouldnt take US cards. But they took Paypal.
So I used the card, The very expensive ($4800) item gets held up in customs because the company didnt provide the right paperwork. The company ignored me. Filed a paypal claim and they ignored Paypal. So paypal gave me money back.
So where did it end up?

Back