1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Okly_Hermanor

Okly_Hermanor Oakley Beginner

I removed the arm from my flak jacket and I was surprised it warped the socket (a small bump appeared ) after I popped out the arm.

Was it normal for flak jacket? I also noticed it didn't make a snap sound when I popped it out.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

Never tried... Pictures?

3. Okly_Hermanor

Please see the picture below . 1st picture is the dent. 2nd is the model of my flak

Attached Files:

4. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Happened to mine. Has not affected the glasses. The flaks are my daily wear pair. I've talent them apart multiple times to clean them and they're still fine.

5. Okly_Hermanor

This is really broke my heart as this is my first Oakley and it's just 3 weeks old. I thought O-matter can withstand such force (removing the arm) without warping its material.

But the good thing it didn't affect the glasses and the snapping action when opening/closing the arm is still there.

6. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

Might have just pushed the paint. I've slammed a trunk lid on some Flaks that were half in half out of my trunk, sending all pieces flying. They re-assembled just fine.

I wouldn't worry about it.

7. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

That looks as if the bottom portion of the stem was inserted first then the top portion was snapped it. May have happened during assembly at Oakley

8. Okly_Hermanor

Good observation. No that thing wasn't there before.

It looked like it was snapped from outside to inside because i pushed the small bump back to its place after i popped out the arm.