• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warped Flack Jacket Socket Arm

Okly_Hermanor

Oakley Beginner
I removed the arm from my flak jacket and I was surprised it warped the socket (a small bump appeared ) after I popped out the arm.

Was it normal for flak jacket? I also noticed it didn't make a snap sound when I popped it out.

Attachments

• 20141013_065202.jpg
    20141013_065202.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 20141013_065340.jpg
    20141013_065340.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 242
Happened to mine. Has not affected the glasses. The flaks are my daily wear pair. I've talent them apart multiple times to clean them and they're still fine.

This is really broke my heart as this is my first Oakley and it's just 3 weeks old. I thought O-matter can withstand such force (removing the arm) without warping its material.

But the good thing it didn't affect the glasses and the snapping action when opening/closing the arm is still there.

Might have just pushed the paint. I've slammed a trunk lid on some Flaks that were half in half out of my trunk, sending all pieces flying. They re-assembled just fine.

I wouldn't worry about it.

That looks as if the bottom portion of the stem was inserted first then the top portion was snapped it. May have happened during assembly at Oakley

That looks as if the bottom portion of the stem was inserted first then the top portion was snapped it. May have happened during assembly at Oakley

Good observation. No that thing wasn't there before.

It looked like it was snapped from outside to inside because i pushed the small bump back to its place after i popped out the arm.

Back