1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. JxXx

JxXx Oakley Beginner

Hi,
    I recently purchased a pair of Oakley frame from a Rakuten shop.This shop is v popular with lots of + reviews.However,the set i received does not come with warranty card.I would like to ask those who bought Oakley products from overseas whether it shld come with warranty cards?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Yes, it should, because the card talks about making a warranty claim outside of the U.S.

3. djb

djb Oakley Beginner

Was it an MPH model? Almost all MPH releases do not come with warranty cards.

4. OakleyGuru379

Good point!

5. JxXx

JxXx Oakley Beginner

MPH=mister potato head?:confused: i do not know the exact meaning of it but upon googling in says discontinued model put together with parts.Mine is an Oakley discontinued prescription frame though- ROUGH HOUSE.

I bought is here OBLIGE fr Rakuten Japan .I asked the seller and he said that some export sets do not have warranty cards in them.Therefore he offered to send me a warranty card.So i assume it's OK?

6. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

All my pairs purchased in Japan came with the usual paperwork.

7. JxXx

JxXx Oakley Beginner

Hi,
    I attached some pictures of my frame.What's missing is the warranty and other thing that bothers me is the "China" stamped on the frame.My current Oakley frame does not have the stamp on the frame Maybe some gurus can help me out?Thanks in advance.

Warranty Card For Export Sets - 20130204005338.jpg

Warranty Card For Export Sets - 20130204005517.jpg

Warranty Card For Export Sets - 20130204005529.jpg

8. Carlitocarlin

Carlitocarlin Oakley Beginner

Many of the ophthalmic frames are made in China, especially acetate frames, unfortunate as it is. Those look very much real to me. The missing warranty card shouldn't be much of a problem, it only really tells you your warranty, and the claims procedure, and all this info can be found online, or by calling customer service. Having one is handy, but it's not necessary if you were to claim warranty.

this is from Canada, but I'm assuming most other international warranty procedures are the same, someone correct me if I'm wrong

9. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Warranty cards are useless without original proof of purchase (most of the time).

10. OakleyGuru379

Looks legit to me. A lot of frames, like the crosshair and whisker, are made in China.