• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warranty Juliet

taiko19

Oakley Enthusiast
I attempted to purchase a plasma frame, emerald iridium Juliet via Craigslist seller. The post mentioned a very loose nose bridge, but a new frame and all new rubber. $200 OBO.

When I met the seller, it was indeed a warranty frame with a "W" serial number. But the frame was incredibly loose ... unwearable unless repaired. Not knowing any background on warranty frames or what it would cost me to have these fixed or even if they could be fixed, I offered $130. And then $150.

No dice. I walked away.

$200 seemed reasonable for a used pair in good condition. $150 seemed reasonable to me on something that may cost me additional money to get fixed.

Did I make the right call?

Did this come with box and coin? Without I would have definitely passed. Even with, its an ok deal if its the color way you are looking for, but I would have still passed. You gotta figure another $50-70 for a tune up. I am confident you can do better on CL.

Did this come with box and coin? Without I would have definitely passed. Even with, its an ok deal if its the color way you are looking for, but I would have still passed. You gotta figure another $50-70 for a tune up. I am confident you can do better on CL.

Nope ... It was a standard O case ... Not the X Metal one. When I asked, about the box he said something to the affect of "what do you mean?"

I would have passed on it. You will be able to find a better deal. Takes patients though.

I attempted to purchase a plasma frame, emerald iridium Juliet via Craigslist seller. The post mentioned a very loose nose bridge, but a new frame and all new rubber. $200 OBO.

When I met the seller, it was indeed a warranty frame with a "W" serial number. But the frame was incredibly loose ... unwearable unless repaired. Not knowing any background on warranty frames or what it would cost me to have these fixed or even if they could be fixed, I offered $130. And then $150.

No dice. I walked away.

$200 seemed reasonable for a used pair in good condition. $150 seemed reasonable to me on something that may cost me additional money to get fixed.

Did I make the right call?

You can send frames to X MAN in order to have them tightened. He does an excellent job and is the only member here I think that can do them. Maybe Chop can too, but Xman does them all the time. 150 would have been good. Unless the lenses were perfect and the frame, and without the box 200 was too much. Maybe 180 was still ok. Gotta think, BNIB would be around 280-300 considering perfect condition. Anything less invested to make them perfect is still a good deal. Lately, members and Ebay sellers have gotten close to retail on some Xmetals, so keep that in mind. Also look at the items separately -- Frames in perfect condition--maybe 180-240. Lenses perfect-- 50+ pending on what type. Box ETC.... 20-40 pending type and color way. Anything to deter from perfect starts knocking down on the prices. Box- the least, Lenses- any scratches they are worthless price wise, even 8.5/10 not worth much, Frame and rubbers- the most valuable but a 60$ tune up take that off the perfect price. That should give you a very detailed list. If any member thinks I am off on this please correct me. Just looking at market values and current pricing to come up with this.

Latest Posts

Back