• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warranty Romeo 1 Frames

Some didn't have serials and some did, really has no impact on R1 value IMHO. Honestly the only time serials come into play on R1's is in identifying Jordan R1's.

I've had a Warranty frame before and it didn't have a serial.

I will say that there is a value impact in my experiences. The serial number IMO matters if/when there is a matching box to go along with it. The completed R1 set with matching box has a significantly higher value than a "Complete" R1 set where the frame is a warranty replacement (no serial).

My References: I sold an original Ti/Gold R1 set and it was Mint. BUT the frame was a warranty replacement for the original owner. The difference between the price I sold it for and the price it would have gone for if it had matching serials was over $100....that's all I can say from my experience.

I've had a Warranty frame before and it didn't have a serial.

I will say that there is a value impact in my experiences. The serial number IMO matters if/when there is a matching box to go along with it. The completed R1 set with matching box has a significantly higher value than a "Complete" R1 set where the frame is a warranty replacement (no serial).

My References: I sold an original Ti/Gold R1 set and it was Mint. BUT the frame was a warranty replacement for the original owner. The difference between the price I sold it for and the price it would have gone for if it had matching serials was over $100....that's all I can say from my experience.

Is there any other type of collecting where it's important that the serial on the item matches the serial on the barcode sticker on the original box? I mean a collectors item is always more valuable with the original box, but the serial matching thing is new to me with Oakleys.

I'd say the matched serials box is only important to some members on this board. On ebay, no seller ever bothers to mention any serial matching.

Me, I'm not picky about serial on the box, or even that tthere is a box, but I would like the frame I buy to be serialized if I can choose, in the same way I would like any other limited edition item I buy to be numbered. If there's no serial on the item I expect to pay much less.

What's a warranty frame?

In this context, back in the days of serialed x-metals, if you sent yours in for repair with frame damage and they had to replace it, what you got back was a warranty frame. Typically had a serial with a "W" prefix, but not all.

In this context, back in the days of serialed x-metals, if you sent yours in for repair with frame damage and they had to replace it, what you got back was a warranty frame. Typically had a serial with a "W" prefix, but not all.

Except in the case of Romeos, where they had no serial at all

Latest Posts

Back