• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warranty Romeo 1 Frames

何でもは知らないわよ. 知ってることだけ, as one of the characters in Monogatari is fond of saying. I don't know everything, I just know what I know.

What I really don't know is what I don't even know I don't know...

In Project Management terms, those are called "unknown unknowns" (as opposed to "known unknowns...")...

((Yes, Rumsfeld once botched trying to explain it... Almost as badly as Bush botched the "fool me once" cliche...))

Isn't that called "some contingency I whacked on for no apparent reason but we will definitely end up using"? ;)

It works in other spheres as well - in watch collecting, I maintain a mental list of "known unknowns", which I've shared with a few people, combinations of case, dial etc that have not been seen but equivalent models exist to suggest they could be possible. Some of them have since turned up. Others, the true unknown unknowns, come out of left field and surprise everyone.

I guess an equivalent might have been the purple Juliets - for a handful of people who had heard rumours they might have been known unknowns, but for the majority of even collectors I would suggest they were unknown unknowns until they surfaced.

Isn't that called "some contingency I whacked on for no apparent reason but we will definitely end up using"? ;)

When you're planning a project you go through a stage of risk analysis and then you plan a strategy for risk mitigation. Those "when we're doing this, that might go wrong" are your known unknowns and you put aside a budget for it called contingency reserve. Then you budget another part called management reserve to address the unknown unknowns, the problems nobody could anticipate. Each reserve has different procedures to trigger using those funds.

When you're planning a project you go through a stage of risk analysis and then you plan a strategy for risk mitigation. Those "when we're doing this, that might go wrong" are your known unknowns and you put aside a budget for it called contingency reserve. Then you budget another part called management reserve to address the unknown unknowns, the problems nobody could anticipate. Each reserve has different procedures to trigger using those funds.
I'm very familiar with project process too. Prince2 certified, been through various methodologies and approaches too.

My R1 warranty frames.....

2013_1127_0708_01.jpg

What I really don't know is what I don't even know I don't know...

In Project Management terms, those are called "unknown unknowns" (as opposed to "known unknowns...")...

((Yes, Rumsfeld once botched trying to explain it... Almost as badly as Bush botched the "fool me once" cliche...))

"fool me once....shame....on...yyyou, fool me twice.................................................................................................................................................................................................................YOU FOOL ME, YOU CAN'T FOOL ME AGAIN!"

Here is my Romeo without serial (frames and box too). Sold in 2002, and this is the original frame.
The lenses are changed from black iridium to gold iridium.
17721866591_a4e886db58_c.jpg
17695230386_abc0509b3c_c.jpg

Back