• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warrenty For Online Purchases

bluenose

Oakley Enthusiast
Scotland
Was wondering if someone can explain why you can't register new glasses purchased on ebay for example says they have to be baught from official stockists.
What if u get a new set of glasses for a present but no receipt you can't register for warrenty ? Surely that can't be right

It is correct. Your glasses must be purchased from an authorized dealer to be under warranty. A gift receipt will work just fine if you received them as a gift. The main reason glasses purchased off of eBay aren't warrantied is because many are sold under oakley's MSRP, and if that's the case they are violating oakley's pricing policies.

That's for explanation bud.
Still can't say I like it,way I see it is if you buy genuine bnib oakleys from anywhere for any price they should be warranted.
You guys think that's the wrong way to see it ?

That's for explanation bud.
Still can't say I like it,way I see it is if you buy genuine bnib oakleys from anywhere for any price they should be warranted.
You guys think that's the wrong way to see it ?

The thing is Ebay sells many many pairs ... Many many pairs that are BNIB and some that are much older... Stolen pairs, fake pairs, out of warranty pairs.

As far as I know, the warranty applies to the original purchase only and is not transferrable...

The 'base' warranty for BNIB Oakley products is one year, online registration gives you an additional year...

How would you expect Oakley to warranty products properly/honestly without a receipt?

The only exception could be a pair that wasn't available a year ago, so even without a receipt they might warranty it, but I wouldn't expect the extended warranty...

TL : DR

I agree with their policy from a business stand point, none of my pairs (save 4) have even been under official warranty... I'm still alive

Their policy is pretty standard. I don't have a problem with it. Doesn't stop me from buying pairs from eBay or any other private non-retail outlet. In 15 years buying, I've had 2 warranty issues. It's generally not a concern for me.

Their policy is pretty standard. I don't have a problem with it. Doesn't stop me from buying pairs from eBay or any other private non-retail outlet. In 15 years buying, I've had 2 warranty issues. It's generally not a concern for me.
Yeah don't think it will stop me bud to much of a saving to be had non retail.

Back