• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Was I An Idiot?

Arch

Oakley Beginner
U.K.
I went to NY back in 2002 and was on a mission for a pair of Ruby Juliets. I'm guessing this would have been 1st Generation as I'm sure they'd only just come out? I found some, tried them on and my g/f and work colleague laughed at the colour combo, let's just say they thought the Ruby clashed with my complexion. :blush:

Bowing to peer pressure, I ended up a bit miffed and bought a pair of Emeralds instead. :oops: The coating scuffed a bit under the nose after a couple of months and they went back to Oakley under warranty and I got them replaced. I was also by then wearing my Midnight XX everyday and the Juliets didnt get a look in. So i sold them. o_O

Looking at the prices that Rubies go for these days, I'm guessing i've answered my own question....? :headbang:

The Ruby Juliet will generally always be one of the more sought after pairs. It's crazy how much the Gen 1's are pulling in price these days.

It is very surprising what those gen 1's are selling for. Who would have thought back then that they would appreciate that much?

Back