1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Blockster

Blockster Oakley Enthusiast

Hi All, I'm new to collecting Oakley watches but I've gotten the itch and am starting to build a nice little collection.

I did a quick search and didn't see any topics so thought I'd throw it out there to you guys. I've heard you have to send the watch directly to Oakley to have the battery replaced, is that true? Can a watch repair place or jewler do a replacement? What are the costs to send it to Oakley?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

Oakley only recommends them to work on there time pieces and they will normally take care you there customers with a good price to replace the battery

3. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

I havent had any changed yet, but have inquired with HQ. I was told they do the batter change in a sealed, dust-controlled room to prevent any dust from getting in during the change. I was also told the pressure test the watch case afterwards to ensure the watch is still waterproof. They said when jewelers change the batteries, they may not seal the watch back correctly and can damage the waterproof seal.

I think it was roughly $40 for the battery change, but they paid shipping both ways.

4. OakleyRacer2132

OakleyRacer2132 Oakley Beginner

You can have a it changed by a jeweler but it is highly recommended that Oakley does it. Plus if you have someone else do it, it voids the warranty.

5. Blockster

Blockster Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks for the info guys!